In the new honours lists, to be presented by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in her Diamond Jubilee year, Grant Morrison is to be given the MBE, Member of the British Empire, as a Comic Book Writer and Playwright for services to Film and Literature.
While a number of cartoonists have received this honour before, this is the first time someone who is principly a comic book writer for the American market has received this honour.
At some point, someone will point out this is an honour being bestowed on a man who once wrote a semi-autobiographical comic book about a young man planning to assassinate Margaret Thatcher, St Swithin’s Day, which caused questions to be asked in Parliament.
So it might as well be me.
- Someone At Marvel Just Read Garth Ennis And Goran Parlov’s Punisher: Platoon… - August 18, 2017
- TV Legend Sir Bruce Forsyth Passes Away At Age 89 - August 18, 2017
- Nerd Block Owes Diamond And Funko A Quarter Of A Million Each, And NYCC $150K - August 18, 2017
- The Supergirl Cosplayer Who Went To Charlottesville – Guess Whose Side She Was On - August 18, 2017
- Marc Laming On X-Men Gold And Other Creative Changes To Jean Grey, Hulk And Prox Transmissions - August 18, 2017