In the new honours lists, to be presented by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in her Diamond Jubilee year, Grant Morrison is to be given the MBE, Member of the British Empire, as a Comic Book Writer and Playwright for services to Film and Literature.
While a number of cartoonists have received this honour before, this is the first time someone who is principly a comic book writer for the American market has received this honour.
At some point, someone will point out this is an honour being bestowed on a man who once wrote a semi-autobiographical comic book about a young man planning to assassinate Margaret Thatcher, St Swithin’s Day, which caused questions to be asked in Parliament.
So it might as well be me.
- Dr Strange Lush – How Alan Moore Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bath Bomb - October 23, 2017
- Sink #1 From ComixTribe Goes To Second Printing – “Get In The Van!” - October 23, 2017
- Richard Corben Returns To Heavy Metal Magazine - October 23, 2017
- Armando Iannucci Comes To Forbidden Planet In London Tomorrow - October 23, 2017
- Rick Veitch’s Boy Maximortal: Killing Every Fancypants Fascist - October 23, 2017