In the new honours lists, to be presented by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in her Diamond Jubilee year, Grant Morrison is to be given the MBE, Member of the British Empire, as a Comic Book Writer and Playwright for services to Film and Literature.
While a number of cartoonists have received this honour before, this is the first time someone who is principly a comic book writer for the American market has received this honour.
At some point, someone will point out this is an honour being bestowed on a man who once wrote a semi-autobiographical comic book about a young man planning to assassinate Margaret Thatcher, St Swithin’s Day, which caused questions to be asked in Parliament.
So it might as well be me.
- Champions #4 And #5 Go To Second Prints… - February 23, 2017
- Yes, Chicago, Andrew Aydin Will Speak At The New Trier High School’s Civil Rights Day After All - February 23, 2017
- Francois Boucq Redrew Scenes From Little Tulip To Be More Acceptable To An English Language Audience - February 23, 2017
- Liberatore Returns To Comics In Heavy Metal #285 With “Ai Shiteru” - February 23, 2017
- The CBLDF Condemn Homeland Security Proposal That Non-Citizens Hand Over Social Media Passwords - February 23, 2017