Amongst the jollity, he talked more about Gun Machine, his upcoming novel. That it is centred on a cop who discovers an apartment full of guns, covering the place, plated along the walls, floor and ceilings with one window, describing it as a cathedral made out of guns. The police discover every gun is associated with a single unsolved homicide in Manhattan over twenty years. Two hundred unsolved murders by one person. And the biggest cold case is on. Not that Warren needs to return to New York to write the novel, as he says, that is what Google Maps is for.
And while Warren is working on books, TV and the like, getting a change from the comics deadline grind, when He returns to comics, he expects it to be through Avatar and has something planned concerning the Assassination of Franz Ferdinand because, as he says, “of maps and grenades.”
But then there’s also his project with Joss Whedon, Wastelanders. Warren is not a natural co-writer, so I asked how he was anticipating working with Joss further.
Warren told us that he was bigger than Joss and had a longer reach. But also that they plan to write separate chunks individually and then rewrite each other’s drafts.
But that breaking the story down involved a hotel bar…
The Hitler quote? You can probably find that on Twitter by now…
- So How Does Loki Become Sorcerer Supreme For Marvel Legacy Anyway? (SPOILERS) - October 21, 2017
- Rob Liefeld Vs. Diamond Over A Thousand Missing Comic Books - October 21, 2017
- A Lifedeath Less Ordinary With John Stanisci - October 21, 2017
- An Unnerving Feeling Of Modern Dread… - October 21, 2017
- Cartoonist Conscript To The Bodega Boys - October 21, 2017