From humble beginnings to winning “Best Publisher Under 4%” for a few years as voted by comic book retailers in Diamond’s Gem Awards, BOOM! Studios have developed owner Ross Richie’s passion for comics into one of the best known comic publishing houses in the industry. With a mix of original and licensed books, BOOM! has won a number of Eisner and Harvey Awards and has found the proverbial Fountain of Youth by bringing kids into comics with books like Adventure Time, while helping slightly older readers feel young again by bringing Planet of the Apes and Hellraiser back to comics.
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #0 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
Reply to this article in the forum.
Further Reading: BOOM, ADVENTURE TIME, SUPURBIA, HYPERNATURALS, FANBOYS VS ZOMBIES, PEANUTS, IRREDEEMABLE, INCORRUPTIBLE, HELLRAISER, IRON MUSLIM, EXTERMINATION, GRACE RANDOLPH, MARK WAID, SAM HUMPHRIES, SIMON SPURRIER
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017