It’s all going a bit meta.
The other week, Joe Michael Straczynski spoke to Aint It Cool News and said, talking about Before Watchmen.
But how is it any more wrong than the way any comics creators were treated, especially those who came out of the Golden and Silver Age? Worse than Jack Kirby, who couldn’t even get his art back in his failing years? Worse than Siegel and Shuster?
Considering there’s a legal case right now between DC and the Siegel/Shuster estates, this was a remarkable statement by such a high profile DC comics creator. It basically admits that the pair got screwed.
Now JMS was defending DC, but it’s not too far removed from Chris Roberson’s statement about DC being an immoral company that got him fired off of Fairest.
And now, in today’s Action Comics, set in three or four parallel universes, we get this scene, featuring Clark, Lois and Jimmy who have, between them, summoned up, created, a very real Superman.
And we get words that feel ripped straight out of Rick Veitch’s Maximortal, that seem highly critical of a corporate approach to comic books and creators, and understand the compromises creators make along the way. What’s going on?
It’s not the only Grant Morrison metafiction kicking off today, in Animal Man, we get a flashback to a certain arc from another universe…
Indeed. But for full Morrismania, check out Boy Chimney in Dial H. Looks like he stepped right out of Doom Patrol. And could well be the character find of 2012!
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics of London. The full creative team of Transformers #80.5 will be signing on Free Comic Book Day this Saturday. And their Roger Langridge exhibition is on now.
- Preview Of Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa’s Mech Cadet Yu #2 A Month Ahead - August 21, 2017
- Liam Sharp, Your Metal Collaborator Is Bryan Hitch! 14 Things We Noticed In DC’s November 2017 Solicits - August 21, 2017
- Full DC Comics November 2017 Solicits, As Dr Manhattan Creates Superman… - August 21, 2017
- Everything You Know About The Other Steve Rogers Was Wrong – Secret Empire #9 Spoilers - August 21, 2017
- LEAKED: The Doomsday Clock Lenticular Cover Shows The Trinity, Via Rorschach’s Face - August 21, 2017