I understand that X-O Manowar #1, the debut title from the new Valiant Entertainment, has received over 42,000 preorders.
But that the variance in comic store stock is rather large. In that some stores of similar sizes have ordered 200, while some have ordered 2.
If it is as popular as the former group of retailers are expecting, then the latter group are going to be clamouring for copies. And pushing up the aftermarket…
The first issue also comes out just before Free Comic Book Day – and the Valiant FCBD issue may also help drive instant demand from impulse buyers…
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018