A number of Texan retailers reported that their delivery this week was curtailed, reduced and delayed, with some not sure as to when they would receive their deliveries.
This is why.
Diamond Comic Distributors reports that “on April 21 at approximately 3:30 a.m., a Diamond truck was involved in a horrible head-on collision caused by a car driving in the wrong direction on Interstate 71. The driver of the car died at the scene, while the two drivers of the truck sustained non-life-threatening injuries.”
“Please be aware that, due to this tragic accident, a number of titles and items that were on the truck and scheduled to arrive for sale on May 2 will be unavoidably delayed.”
“These items –- including new product, reorders, and Free Comic Book Day titles — are now scheduled to arrive in stores with an on-sale date of MAY 9…. we thank you for your patience and understanding, and we regret any inconvenience this creates for you and your customers. We would also like to extend our thoughts and prayers to the drivers of the truck as they continue to recover from their injuries, and offer our condolences and prayers to the family of the driver of the car involved in the accident.”
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017