A number of Texan retailers reported that their delivery this week was curtailed, reduced and delayed, with some not sure as to when they would receive their deliveries.
This is why.
Diamond Comic Distributors reports that “on April 21 at approximately 3:30 a.m., a Diamond truck was involved in a horrible head-on collision caused by a car driving in the wrong direction on Interstate 71. The driver of the car died at the scene, while the two drivers of the truck sustained non-life-threatening injuries.”
“Please be aware that, due to this tragic accident, a number of titles and items that were on the truck and scheduled to arrive for sale on May 2 will be unavoidably delayed.”
“These items –- including new product, reorders, and Free Comic Book Day titles — are now scheduled to arrive in stores with an on-sale date of MAY 9…. we thank you for your patience and understanding, and we regret any inconvenience this creates for you and your customers. We would also like to extend our thoughts and prayers to the drivers of the truck as they continue to recover from their injuries, and offer our condolences and prayers to the family of the driver of the car involved in the accident.”
- Sean Gordon Murphy, Signing And Talking In London On Saturday - April 27, 2017
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017