Rick Olney appears on the About Heroes East Coast Podcast. As of writing, the podcast has no comments. I think that may change shortly.
He begins the podcast, perving on Scarlet Johannson, bemoaning the lack of solo male Doctor Who companions, talking about being lynched if he was on Comic Book Men, standing in a urinal between Scott Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza.
He talked about his history creating ORCA, to give comics away to kids for free. And while they refer to Rick Olney having dubious internet searches, with Rick referring to himself as “The Devil’s Puppet” a number of times Rick’s legacy of non-payment of comic creators to the tune of around $35,000, his repeated threats to people who talked about the non-payments, his repeated broken promises, his many offensive insults to those who challenge him and his seizure of charity work doesn’t come up.
I’ve listened to the whole thing, so you don’t have to. It takes one hour twenty minutes for Rick Olney to start talking about All Aces Entertainment, his new project that Bleeding Cool revealed earlier. He claims it’s the last company he’ll be involved with, running a fine art show and a music show this year, and the fictitious Adironack convention next year, and a forum for former ORCA members to chat.
But more specifically, Rick Olney also states he’ll be publishing a comic by former editor-in-chief of Cracked, Mort Todd and classic Marvel and DC inker Joe Rubenstein, based on his own characters.
He finishes saying that it would be nice to read some nice comments about him for a change.
Until he starts paying back his debts to other creators, I can’t see that happening, can you?
- Frankie Boyle’s Rex Royd Comic Complete For The First Time in Titan Comics June 2018 Solicits - March 21, 2018
- Umami – The Latest Comic From ‘I Kill Giants’ Co-Creator and Artist Ken Niimura - March 21, 2018
- Meltdown Comics of Los Angeles Is Closing For Good on March 30th (UPDATE) - March 21, 2018
- A Comic Show – Talking The Death of Thor and More - March 21, 2018
- Magdalene Visaggio and Eva Cabrera Launch Oh S#!T, It’s Kim & Kim #1 in June - March 21, 2018