Rick Olney appears on the About Heroes East Coast Podcast. As of writing, the podcast has no comments. I think that may change shortly.
He begins the podcast, perving on Scarlet Johannson, bemoaning the lack of solo male Doctor Who companions, talking about being lynched if he was on Comic Book Men, standing in a urinal between Scott Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza.
He talked about his history creating ORCA, to give comics away to kids for free. And while they refer to Rick Olney having dubious internet searches, with Rick referring to himself as “The Devil’s Puppet” a number of times Rick’s legacy of non-payment of comic creators to the tune of around $35,000, his repeated threats to people who talked about the non-payments, his repeated broken promises, his many offensive insults to those who challenge him and his seizure of charity work doesn’t come up.
I’ve listened to the whole thing, so you don’t have to. It takes one hour twenty minutes for Rick Olney to start talking about All Aces Entertainment, his new project that Bleeding Cool revealed earlier. He claims it’s the last company he’ll be involved with, running a fine art show and a music show this year, and the fictitious Adironack convention next year, and a forum for former ORCA members to chat.
But more specifically, Rick Olney also states he’ll be publishing a comic by former editor-in-chief of Cracked, Mort Todd and classic Marvel and DC inker Joe Rubenstein, based on his own characters.
He finishes saying that it would be nice to read some nice comments about him for a change.
Until he starts paying back his debts to other creators, I can’t see that happening, can you?
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Supermans Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017