Alan Davis always seems to have the concept of family at the heart of the stories he writes. If a character hasn’t got a family, he finds one for them. From JLA to Captain Britain to Excalibur to X-Men, it’s been a common theme.
But never more so than in ClanDestine, an actual family of superpowered beings who have let their children rebrand them all as superheroes. While often dealing with the realities of violence against the ideals of superheroics, they were a bright light, especially at the time.
The family have come and gone, from their own book, to crossing over with the X-Men, to popping up often wherever Alan Davis can find a reason.
And in July, they will return in the Fantastic Four Annual #33, as part of a story by Davis that will then continue in Daredevil Annual #1 in August.
Can’t come soon enough frankly.
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018