“Currently, DC Comics are no longer available for purchase on our Fire app.” – ComiXology representative to a Bleeding Cool reader
After making such a furore by signing their most popular hundred graphic novels exclusively to the Kindle Fire last year, and seeing Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million boycott those titles in protest, you’d have thought that DC and Amazon Kindle were tight as could be.
It appears not. DC Comics can no longer be found in the Kindle Fire ComiXology store… and may not have been since November last. You can still buy them on ComiXology through your PC and then sync them over, but you can’t find them anywhere in the Kindle version of the app. The DC section of ComiXology has been removed completely.
DC have not responded to inquiries. ComiXology only give the line “ComiXology readers can continue to access DC Comics that are in their My Comics library. Plus, comiXology on the Kindle Fire syncs libraries from any part of the ComiXology platform, so DC readers can access comics purchased through the web.”
Basically, there’s a workaround. But something seems to have happened between Amazon Kindle, DC and ComiXology, and after spending a couple of months trying to find out what, no one’s talking right now.
Or rather Amazon reps say they don’t know, ComiXology says they can’t say and DC Comics doesn’t say anything at all.
- Rewriting The DC Universe Today In Flash #21 – Bringing It All Back Again (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Today, Cassandra Cain Finally Chooses Her New Name (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Life Of Superman, Lois Lane And Superboy, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- It’s Going To Take A Very Long Time To Rehabilitate Lobo, From Today’s Justice League Of America - April 26, 2017
- Hydra Youth? Previewing Secret Empire #1, #2, The Crossovers And The Spin-Offs… - April 26, 2017