Bleeding Cool has been running a number of articles on ShiftyLook, the company set up by NAMCO Bandai to turn some of their older games into comic books with decent name talent, and then relaunch the games on the back of them.
At the PAX East games convention in Boston, ShiftyLook have announced a new webcomics based on Genpei Tōma Den, to be renamed Scar. Singapore-based Velvet Engine Pte Ltd will create the comic, to be written by Storm Lion’s Edmund Shern and painted by the really quite spectacular Skan Srisuwan. The new Scar logo incorporating Chinese script for Genpei Tōma Den. The first chapter will launch on April the 12th, with new chapters every Monday and Thursday afterwards.
Scar will join Rocket Fox (Stacy King & Shane Law), The Five-Dimensional Adventures of Dirk Davies (Ben McCool & Dean Haspiel), Sky Kid, Xevious, Bravoman and Alien Confidential.
This is another example of companies using the comic book form for promotional purposes, and taking some of the best the industry has, to do so. Expect a lot more of this sort of thing.
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017