Bleeding Cool has been running a number of articles on ShiftyLook, the company set up by NAMCO Bandai to turn some of their older games into comic books with decent name talent, and then relaunch the games on the back of them.
At the PAX East games convention in Boston, ShiftyLook have announced a new webcomics based on Genpei Tōma Den, to be renamed Scar. Singapore-based Velvet Engine Pte Ltd will create the comic, to be written by Storm Lion’s Edmund Shern and painted by the really quite spectacular Skan Srisuwan. The new Scar logo incorporating Chinese script for Genpei Tōma Den. The first chapter will launch on April the 12th, with new chapters every Monday and Thursday afterwards.
Scar will join Rocket Fox (Stacy King & Shane Law), The Five-Dimensional Adventures of Dirk Davies (Ben McCool & Dean Haspiel), Sky Kid, Xevious, Bravoman and Alien Confidential.
This is another example of companies using the comic book form for promotional purposes, and taking some of the best the industry has, to do so. Expect a lot more of this sort of thing.
- Valiant Validated Signature Series Returns For Secret Weapons #1 - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Nature Of Paradise Island In Wonder Woman, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Life Of Ted Kord, Blue Beetle, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- “He Pushed Us Forward” – Marvel Comics’ Tribute To Bernie Wrightson - April 26, 2017
- Well That Was Quick. X-Men Gold #2 Brings Back The Politics… (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017