Bleeding Cool has been running a number of articles on ShiftyLook, the company set up by NAMCO Bandai to turn some of their older games into comic books with decent name talent, and then relaunch the games on the back of them.
At the PAX East games convention in Boston, ShiftyLook have announced a new webcomics based on Genpei Tōma Den, to be renamed Scar. Singapore-based Velvet Engine Pte Ltd will create the comic, to be written by Storm Lion’s Edmund Shern and painted by the really quite spectacular Skan Srisuwan. The new Scar logo incorporating Chinese script for Genpei Tōma Den. The first chapter will launch on April the 12th, with new chapters every Monday and Thursday afterwards.
Scar will join Rocket Fox (Stacy King & Shane Law), The Five-Dimensional Adventures of Dirk Davies (Ben McCool & Dean Haspiel), Sky Kid, Xevious, Bravoman and Alien Confidential.
This is another example of companies using the comic book form for promotional purposes, and taking some of the best the industry has, to do so. Expect a lot more of this sort of thing.
- Dr Aphra, OOO And BT-1 Make Their Way Into The Wider Star Wars Universe - January 17, 2017
- Image Gives Curse Words A Gold Embossed One-Per-Retailer Cover Too – Well, It Is Their Birthday Any Day Now - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s One Per Store Variant Covers – Collect The Set? from Mighty Captain Marvel To Venom - January 17, 2017
- Dark Horse To Publish Omnibus Of Buffy Season 8 Written By Joss Whedon, Bryan K Vaughan, Drew Goddard And More - January 17, 2017
- Tessa Hulls’ Journey Into Her Family’s Past Uncovers The Life Of An Extraordinary Woman - January 17, 2017