These were the images of the DC New 52 toys, when released in a flyer by DC Comics in January.
This, however, is how they look in adverts in some of the New DCU titles today (yes, even the likes of Animal Man and Swamp Thing, which just looks weird)
Batman it seems, hasn’t changed a pip. Neither it seems has Aquaman. Superman however has got far more of a smirk on his face, his shield is lifted and his hair is a little more bouffanty. Green Lantern also has a smaller chest logo, and raised. Wonder Woman’s boots have changed colour, she’s got bigger… stars, and her hair has flattened down and extended a bit. Flash also has a little mask work done, and has a bit of a Superman smirk himself now. And Cyborg has been bulked up and now has the biggest collar of them all…
Clearly there has been quite a bit of tinkering.
- Grief For A Dollar - April 30, 2017
- George Pérez “Doing Great, Feeling Much Better” - April 30, 2017
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017