These were the images of the DC New 52 toys, when released in a flyer by DC Comics in January.
This, however, is how they look in adverts in some of the New DCU titles today (yes, even the likes of Animal Man and Swamp Thing, which just looks weird)
Batman it seems, hasn’t changed a pip. Neither it seems has Aquaman. Superman however has got far more of a smirk on his face, his shield is lifted and his hair is a little more bouffanty. Green Lantern also has a smaller chest logo, and raised. Wonder Woman’s boots have changed colour, she’s got bigger… stars, and her hair has flattened down and extended a bit. Flash also has a little mask work done, and has a bit of a Superman smirk himself now. And Cyborg has been bulked up and now has the biggest collar of them all…
Clearly there has been quite a bit of tinkering.
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017
- Is Nick Spencer Suited To Write Captain America If He Opposes Punching Nazis? We Asked Captain America In 1982 - January 21, 2017