The San Diego Comic Con Resale went live slightly before 8am PT yesterday. But 8:02 am if you weren’t in the queue, you had no chance of getting the few thousand tickets being resold, which sold out half an hour later. And unlike the first time, many people found they couldn’t actually get into the system for two or more minutes. It made the local news… who also promise that more tickets will be released in May,
It seems like the only way to ensure you get tickets to San Diego is to go to San Diego the year before and stand in that queue for six hours. Will queuing next year’s San Diego be the activity that you’ll spend most time at San Diego doing?
And for those who got tickets… now it’s time for hotels. Remember folks, there are 24 hour shuttles going from the show all across San Diego, more than at previous shows, so a distant hotel doesn’t actually mean you’ll have to walk any further with your IDW Artists’ Editions.
Hotel reservations as discounted rates (and yes, it is a discount, honest) open tomorrow at 9am PT, noon ET, 5pm UK. And they’ll also expect to receive heavy traffic and sell out fast. You can go to http://www.comic-con.org/cci/
You might even want to try both. You know, now that comics have become easier and easier to find and buy, the tickets and hotel rooms seem to replace them in “the chase”….
And remember, you don’t actually have to stay at the Hyatt to go to the Hyatt bars…
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017