The world celebrated the life and art of one of its creative giants today. Moebius has passed away at the age of 73, and left us a legacy of art, imagination, and ideas that will continue to help propel us into the future for countless generations to come. When I think of the most creative artistic minds of recent history, I always think of Moebius alongside Jack Kirby. Very different artists on the surface, but with core ideas so powerful that we continue to build the world out of them every day.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
The pioneering comic book creator and movie concept artist Moebius, aka Jean Giraud, aka Gir, has passed away at the age of 73.
Now that a script has been completed, conversation on Bill and Ted 3 can turn from whether or not it’s going to happen – though, of course, it’s still not definite we can at least see wheels in motion – to what it will actually be about.
What I want to tell you about The Cabin in the Woods is everything – every last detail that I can remember and what I think each one means.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
For many Americans and Brits, Jean Giraud was the European comics creator whose work we knew. Translated and republished in English, his science fiction work under the name of Moebius especially influenced the entire industry.
But Titan Books have gone one step further. With Prometheus on the way, they are replicating the format for themselves, with Alien: The Illustrated Story: The Artists’ Edition, now renamed from “The Original Edition” to closer mirror the IDW editions. The volume will reprint the original art of the Heavy Metal Archie Goodwin/Walt Simonson adaptation of Ridley Scott’s Alien at the 14″ x 17″ size.
Possibly the most Bleeding Cool thing ever, from one of Ethan Van Sciver’s sketchbooks.
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017