A week ago, Bleeding Cool featured a small press superhero comic with gumption, No More Heroes by Gordon Mclean, who had used his last pay cheque after being made redundant to fund it.
And it was a hit… especially with pirates. A few days later, the comic had been downloaded 1600 times through Demonoid alone, ranking alongside Batman and The Walking Dead. Gordon Mclean writes
“This has blown my mind, to be honest. I knew we’d made a good comic, but to see it become so popular so quickly is crazy. I would’ve loved those 1600 sales, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve decided to take it as a really positive thing that so many people want to read No More Heroes and word of mouth has been so good. The goal has always been to attract a publisher for our comic and we hope this proves there’s an audience out there for it.”
On the Demonoid site, the nature of the creation has been noted by the comments.
If ever there were a “Buy it if you like it” comic, this would probably be it. Dude used his last pay check to do this comic.
- Wolverine’s Creator Would Like To Buy You A Meal – For His Health - February 28, 2017
- Want To Be In Avengers: Infinity War? Here’s Your Chance – Especially If You Are Short Or Are An Amputee - February 28, 2017
- Avatar Press May 2017 Solicits – Alan Moore And Garth Ennis’ Best… - February 28, 2017
- Stirrups & Beans: Food, Comics And Bringing Back The Chisholm Kid, In Manhattan This April - February 27, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Venomized Cover To Iron Fist #1 (UPDATE) - February 27, 2017