A week ago, Bleeding Cool featured a small press superhero comic with gumption, No More Heroes by Gordon Mclean, who had used his last pay cheque after being made redundant to fund it.
And it was a hit… especially with pirates. A few days later, the comic had been downloaded 1600 times through Demonoid alone, ranking alongside Batman and The Walking Dead. Gordon Mclean writes
“This has blown my mind, to be honest. I knew we’d made a good comic, but to see it become so popular so quickly is crazy. I would’ve loved those 1600 sales, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve decided to take it as a really positive thing that so many people want to read No More Heroes and word of mouth has been so good. The goal has always been to attract a publisher for our comic and we hope this proves there’s an audience out there for it.”
On the Demonoid site, the nature of the creation has been noted by the comments.
If ever there were a “Buy it if you like it” comic, this would probably be it. Dude used his last pay check to do this comic.
- All The Non-Spoiler Reviews Of Doomsday Clock #1 So Far- Including New Page Of Art - November 20, 2017
- Warning – Doomsday Clock #1 Press Embargoes Lift In Five Hours - November 19, 2017
- Caster, A New Comic (And More) From Common And Jason Masters - November 19, 2017
- Cartoonist Imprisoned In Equatorial Guinea For Two Months Now - November 19, 2017
- Line Webtoon Launches Cursed, Rob, And Firebrand Season 2 From John Barrowman, Tommy Lee Edwards, Claudia Aguirre, Erika Lewis, And More - November 19, 2017