(Image posted by Amy Reeder on Facebook last week)
Amy Reeder was meant to be rotating art on Batwoman with co-writer JH Williams III. She was meant to be drawing the second arc, issues 6 to 11, before JH Williams III would take over for a few issues, and then back to Amy again.
Now it seems that Amy Reeder’s second arc has been cut short. In an article on the DC Source which doesn’t mention Amy once, we learn that Trevor McCarthy will now be drawing issus 9, 10 and 11.
Amy posted today on Facebook, “I know, I know. You found out about it pretty much as soon as it went final, too. It’s definitely regrettable…some real creative differences were going on, to the point that it became untenable.”
It’s something I’ve been hearing from a variety of people over the last twelve months. When anyone drops off a book, this is usually the reason given, even if only in private.
Amy’s work seemed to fit JH Williams’ work on the title so well, and continued his innovative panel layout. But it’s worth mention that McCarthy has double page spread/integrated panel Batchops as well.
DC did not return e-mails.
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Jae Lee And Brian Stelfreeze FOC Covers For Jim Henson And Victor LaValle.. - April 28, 2017
- A Box For Archie Comics’ Spider-Man Digests In Time for Spider-Man Homecoming - April 28, 2017
- Oh My Days! Bill Potts’ First Titan Comics Doctor Who Appearance, On Free Comic Book Day - April 28, 2017