(Image posted by Amy Reeder on Facebook last week)
Amy Reeder was meant to be rotating art on Batwoman with co-writer JH Williams III. She was meant to be drawing the second arc, issues 6 to 11, before JH Williams III would take over for a few issues, and then back to Amy again.
Now it seems that Amy Reeder’s second arc has been cut short. In an article on the DC Source which doesn’t mention Amy once, we learn that Trevor McCarthy will now be drawing issus 9, 10 and 11.
Amy posted today on Facebook, “I know, I know. You found out about it pretty much as soon as it went final, too. It’s definitely regrettable…some real creative differences were going on, to the point that it became untenable.”
It’s something I’ve been hearing from a variety of people over the last twelve months. When anyone drops off a book, this is usually the reason given, even if only in private.
Amy’s work seemed to fit JH Williams’ work on the title so well, and continued his innovative panel layout. But it’s worth mention that McCarthy has double page spread/integrated panel Batchops as well.
DC did not return e-mails.
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017
- Death’s Head Creators Hit Banbury, As Its Comic Con Returns - January 19, 2017
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017