This is the first week that DC’s new logo will appear on the front cover of their books.
Maybe it’s just for the charity branding tones, but the logo doesn’t change from book to book, as one might expect. The only book that, reportedly, suffers from the logo is Swamp Thing, and there’s a lot else going on that cover as well.
As wiuth the Green Lantern movie banner, the Vertigo books also run the banner, but branded to their books.
Although one book does escape, the first issue of Fairest. I understand there was an internal agreement to let the first issue of this comic go out uncumbered by banners. The lessons of Strange Adventures #1 have been learned, it seems.
But some other books also escape the banner – and have their own version of the logo, those licensed ex-Wildstorm titles based on Warners TV shows.
Of course DC are late to the game with this banner game, Marvel have been doing it for months! Though thankfully not on the covers of Northanger Abbey. Yet.
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, Autumn 2017: Marvel and DC Comics - January 22, 2018
- 22-Page Preview of Blue Baron #1 with Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema – Another 64-Page $3.99 Sitcomic - January 22, 2018