This is the first week that DC’s new logo will appear on the front cover of their books.
Maybe it’s just for the charity branding tones, but the logo doesn’t change from book to book, as one might expect. The only book that, reportedly, suffers from the logo is Swamp Thing, and there’s a lot else going on that cover as well.
As wiuth the Green Lantern movie banner, the Vertigo books also run the banner, but branded to their books.
Although one book does escape, the first issue of Fairest. I understand there was an internal agreement to let the first issue of this comic go out uncumbered by banners. The lessons of Strange Adventures #1 have been learned, it seems.
But some other books also escape the banner – and have their own version of the logo, those licensed ex-Wildstorm titles based on Warners TV shows.
Of course DC are late to the game with this banner game, Marvel have been doing it for months! Though thankfully not on the covers of Northanger Abbey. Yet.
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017