Lots of interesting tidbits emerging from the Cartoon Network DC Nation project recently, including Super Best Friends Forever and that wonderful Aardman take on a bunch of characters. Warner Bros Animation has been putting out some pretty good stuff in recent times, and this looks like no exception.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Sean Gordon Murphy is one of the creators who, as a result of the Gary Friedrich situation, and even after Marvel’s response, has chosen to stop sketching Marvel characters at conventions. But he is also someone who has also found himself the subject of Marvel’s concerns. He writes on his deviantArt page, providing lots of context and noting;
Speaking of Geoff and Jim, a fan asked about Darkseid as well, wondering if he was going to be a big cosmic threat coming up to whatever DC’s new 52 was building towards. The guy didn’t think he was going to get an answer, but Dan Didio replied “yes.” There is a reason an introduction to Darkseid was being set up in the first Justice League arc, being the first threat that they unite to battle. When he returns, more heroes will have to unite in order to stop him, giving us a new crisis event most likely.
Since yesterday was all about DC and the chunks of news I was able to pry out of people, today I wanted to talk about a group that also deserves as much attention as the big guys- the incredibly talented and unsung heroes of Artist’s Alley. Gene Hoyle and I hosted our first panel ever last night, shining the spotlight on a few of this extremely humble and grateful group.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
For her next trick, she’s launching a DC Nation short called Super Best Friends Forever.
What if the N64 classic Goldeneye had utterly, truly photoreal graphics?
Less than a year ago Matthew Vaughn was implying that we’d never see a sequel to Kick-Ass. Last month it was confirmed that, while the film is definitely going ahead, neither Matthew Vaughn nor Jane Goldman will be onboard to write or direct. The producers already have a new writer and director onboard, and according to an interview with Mark Millar in Scottish newspaper The Daily Record, the date has been set as well.
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller On His Possible Upcoming Superman Project, And The Genesis Of The Batman V Superman Dynamic - April 22, 2017
- Wonder Woman’s Iconic Moment: The Pre-History Of The Character As Revealed In The Wonder Woman Film - April 21, 2017
- IDW C2E2: Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby, Walt Simonson, Bernie Wrightson, Star Wars, DuckTales, And Lots Of Other Good Stuff - April 21, 2017