Known especially for his Gen 13 and DV8 work for Wildstorm, and more recently for his Zenescope covers, especially Grimm Fairy Tales. Al Rio had worked across the comics industry, noth in Brazil and in the USA, including the likes of Grifter & The Mask, Alan Moore’s Voodoo, Avengylene for Avatar World War Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man and New Mutants.
The respected Brazilian journalist Sidney Gusman, after talking to those close to the family reports that is was apparently suicide, but that no note had been left.
Our thoughts are with his family.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017