Known especially for his Gen 13 and DV8 work for Wildstorm, and more recently for his Zenescope covers, especially Grimm Fairy Tales. Al Rio had worked across the comics industry, noth in Brazil and in the USA, including the likes of Grifter & The Mask, Alan Moore’s Voodoo, Avengylene for Avatar World War Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man and New Mutants.
The respected Brazilian journalist Sidney Gusman, after talking to those close to the family reports that is was apparently suicide, but that no note had been left.
Our thoughts are with his family.
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017
- “When Their Sales Go Down, They Will Abandon You” – Run DMC’s Darryl McDaniels On Comic Book Publishing - April 26, 2017
- Venom #150, The First Of The Marvel Legacy Comics – And It Shows - April 26, 2017