Five days ago, Rob Liefeld tweeted;
Infinite fans -Update I tried a new finisher/inker over 14 pages of issue #5. I loved em but split decision at Skybound. re-inking them now.
I’ll show all of the rejected pages in the hard cover. Want everyone happy with final product.
Rob Liefeld just tweeted;
Unfortunately creative differences have sunk the Infinite. It’s over.
because of my desire that my work looking the way I intended…it’s over.
Artistically, I’ll continue to seek out talented collaborators to work with that keeps me energized for the next 25 years.
For 10 years all my printed work was printed from my pencils. Now I’m re-discovering the appeal of working with a variety of inkers.
The Infinite is a time travel action comic in the nineties style created by Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman specifically for Rob Liefeld that launched from Kirkman’s Skybound imprint of Image Comics at last year’s San Diego Comic Con in a European hardcover format, and continuing in a monthly comic format.
Now it appears that the time travel story may just leave a lot of threads loose. Should make for some interesting panels at the Image Comics Expo next month…
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons With Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- It’s a Two-Shirt Ant-Man and The Wasp Loot Crate for July 2018 - July 17, 2018
- USA Reverses Decision, Approves Visa for Zerocalcare to Attend San Diego Comic-Con for Lion Forge - July 17, 2018