Five days ago, Rob Liefeld tweeted;
Infinite fans -Update I tried a new finisher/inker over 14 pages of issue #5. I loved em but split decision at Skybound. re-inking them now.
I’ll show all of the rejected pages in the hard cover. Want everyone happy with final product.
Rob Liefeld just tweeted;
Unfortunately creative differences have sunk the Infinite. It’s over.
because of my desire that my work looking the way I intended…it’s over.
Artistically, I’ll continue to seek out talented collaborators to work with that keeps me energized for the next 25 years.
For 10 years all my printed work was printed from my pencils. Now I’m re-discovering the appeal of working with a variety of inkers.
The Infinite is a time travel action comic in the nineties style created by Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman specifically for Rob Liefeld that launched from Kirkman’s Skybound imprint of Image Comics at last year’s San Diego Comic Con in a European hardcover format, and continuing in a monthly comic format.
Now it appears that the time travel story may just leave a lot of threads loose. Should make for some interesting panels at the Image Comics Expo next month…
- Nerdcore Thursday With MC Chris AKA MC PeePants From ATHF - July 21, 2017
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017