Five days ago, Rob Liefeld tweeted;
Infinite fans -Update I tried a new finisher/inker over 14 pages of issue #5. I loved em but split decision at Skybound. re-inking them now.
I’ll show all of the rejected pages in the hard cover. Want everyone happy with final product.
Rob Liefeld just tweeted;
Unfortunately creative differences have sunk the Infinite. It’s over.
because of my desire that my work looking the way I intended…it’s over.
Artistically, I’ll continue to seek out talented collaborators to work with that keeps me energized for the next 25 years.
For 10 years all my printed work was printed from my pencils. Now I’m re-discovering the appeal of working with a variety of inkers.
The Infinite is a time travel action comic in the nineties style created by Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman specifically for Rob Liefeld that launched from Kirkman’s Skybound imprint of Image Comics at last year’s San Diego Comic Con in a European hardcover format, and continuing in a monthly comic format.
Now it appears that the time travel story may just leave a lot of threads loose. Should make for some interesting panels at the Image Comics Expo next month…
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018
- Michael Davis, Keynote Speaker at Afro ComicCon on the War for Static Shock - October 19, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 19th October 2018 – The Crossover-Then-New-Writer Paradigm - October 19, 2018
- Spider-Man, Who?? The Psychology of Marvel Comics Vs. the Movies - October 19, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Lenticular, Foil and Black Bags - October 19, 2018