Five days ago, Rob Liefeld tweeted;
Infinite fans -Update I tried a new finisher/inker over 14 pages of issue #5. I loved em but split decision at Skybound. re-inking them now.
I’ll show all of the rejected pages in the hard cover. Want everyone happy with final product.
Rob Liefeld just tweeted;
Unfortunately creative differences have sunk the Infinite. It’s over.
because of my desire that my work looking the way I intended…it’s over.
Artistically, I’ll continue to seek out talented collaborators to work with that keeps me energized for the next 25 years.
For 10 years all my printed work was printed from my pencils. Now I’m re-discovering the appeal of working with a variety of inkers.
The Infinite is a time travel action comic in the nineties style created by Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman specifically for Rob Liefeld that launched from Kirkman’s Skybound imprint of Image Comics at last year’s San Diego Comic Con in a European hardcover format, and continuing in a monthly comic format.
Now it appears that the time travel story may just leave a lot of threads loose. Should make for some interesting panels at the Image Comics Expo next month…
- The Orbital Comics 2000AD Gallery For The 40th Anniversary – Beyond The Comic - February 21, 2017
- Cover Story: Jae Lee Takes On Jim Henson’s Power Of The Dark Crystal For FOC… - February 20, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits For May 2017 – Secret Empire, Warriors, Guardians, Zombies, Black Bolt And Star Wars - February 20, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool For President’s Day: Fissure #1 By Tim Daniel And Patricio Delpeche From Vault - February 20, 2017
- Tom King, James Tynion, Tim Seeley And Scott Lobdell Rank Off The Batfamily - February 20, 2017