Five days ago, Rob Liefeld tweeted;
Infinite fans -Update I tried a new finisher/inker over 14 pages of issue #5. I loved em but split decision at Skybound. re-inking them now.
I’ll show all of the rejected pages in the hard cover. Want everyone happy with final product.
Rob Liefeld just tweeted;
Unfortunately creative differences have sunk the Infinite. It’s over.
because of my desire that my work looking the way I intended…it’s over.
Artistically, I’ll continue to seek out talented collaborators to work with that keeps me energized for the next 25 years.
For 10 years all my printed work was printed from my pencils. Now I’m re-discovering the appeal of working with a variety of inkers.
The Infinite is a time travel action comic in the nineties style created by Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman specifically for Rob Liefeld that launched from Kirkman’s Skybound imprint of Image Comics at last year’s San Diego Comic Con in a European hardcover format, and continuing in a monthly comic format.
Now it appears that the time travel story may just leave a lot of threads loose. Should make for some interesting panels at the Image Comics Expo next month…
- Tomorrow, Bill Sienkiewicz Pretends to Be Esad Ribic - November 20, 2018
- Aspen Teases the Return of Damsels In Excess in February 2019 Solicits - November 20, 2018
- Preview: Zoe Quinn and Robbi Rodriguez’ Goddess Mode - November 20, 2018
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018