So I’m getting my six year old daughter a subscription to a new comic book she’s been reading. Not by Marvel, DC, Archie, not from the staples of DC Thomson, Titan, Panini or IPC in the UK, and no, not 2000AD.
But every week she’s been reading The Phoenix. A heady mixture of original comic strips, comedy, action adventure, and in disprate styles, with activities and games to boot. And it’s wornderful. On sale in the UK through subscription, Waitrose and comic stores, it’s a wonderful sequel to the DFC, from the same team, but with new financial backing. There’s a preview above and a subscription right here.
She can’t wait for her first issue to come through the door.
- The ComiXology Version of Action Comics #1000 is Missing Important Pages - April 19, 2018
- Esad Ribic’s Cover for Fantastic Four #1 – and Reed is Keeping the Beard - April 19, 2018
- Venom #1 Relaunch from Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman Tops Advance Reorders - April 19, 2018
- Thanos Goes to Fourth and Third Printings, Domino, Hawkeye, and X-Men Red Get Seconds - April 19, 2018
- Eric Powell’s Video Update – and Albatross Funnybooks Solicits for July 2018 - April 19, 2018