So I’m getting my six year old daughter a subscription to a new comic book she’s been reading. Not by Marvel, DC, Archie, not from the staples of DC Thomson, Titan, Panini or IPC in the UK, and no, not 2000AD.
But every week she’s been reading The Phoenix. A heady mixture of original comic strips, comedy, action adventure, and in disprate styles, with activities and games to boot. And it’s wornderful. On sale in the UK through subscription, Waitrose and comic stores, it’s a wonderful sequel to the DFC, from the same team, but with new financial backing. There’s a preview above and a subscription right here.
She can’t wait for her first issue to come through the door.
- Supergirl Season 4 to Debut TV’s First Transgender Superhero, Dreamer - July 21, 2018
- Preview: Shuri #1 from Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- The New Fantastic Four Big Bad Is… The Griever - July 21, 2018
- ComicsPRO Retailers React to Batman #50 Returnability - July 21, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga Making Books of Blood, a Clive Barker Horror Anthology TV Series for Hulu - July 21, 2018