So I’m getting my six year old daughter a subscription to a new comic book she’s been reading. Not by Marvel, DC, Archie, not from the staples of DC Thomson, Titan, Panini or IPC in the UK, and no, not 2000AD.
But every week she’s been reading The Phoenix. A heady mixture of original comic strips, comedy, action adventure, and in disprate styles, with activities and games to boot. And it’s wornderful. On sale in the UK through subscription, Waitrose and comic stores, it’s a wonderful sequel to the DFC, from the same team, but with new financial backing. There’s a preview above and a subscription right here.
She can’t wait for her first issue to come through the door.
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017