So I’m getting my six year old daughter a subscription to a new comic book she’s been reading. Not by Marvel, DC, Archie, not from the staples of DC Thomson, Titan, Panini or IPC in the UK, and no, not 2000AD.
But every week she’s been reading The Phoenix. A heady mixture of original comic strips, comedy, action adventure, and in disprate styles, with activities and games to boot. And it’s wornderful. On sale in the UK through subscription, Waitrose and comic stores, it’s a wonderful sequel to the DFC, from the same team, but with new financial backing. There’s a preview above and a subscription right here.
She can’t wait for her first issue to come through the door.
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017