So I’m getting my six year old daughter a subscription to a new comic book she’s been reading. Not by Marvel, DC, Archie, not from the staples of DC Thomson, Titan, Panini or IPC in the UK, and no, not 2000AD.
But every week she’s been reading The Phoenix. A heady mixture of original comic strips, comedy, action adventure, and in disprate styles, with activities and games to boot. And it’s wornderful. On sale in the UK through subscription, Waitrose and comic stores, it’s a wonderful sequel to the DFC, from the same team, but with new financial backing. There’s a preview above and a subscription right here.
She can’t wait for her first issue to come through the door.
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018