There was one time when Ron Perazza was consider one of the most powerful up and coming comics employees, DC’s digital expert and founder of their now-abandoned Zuda Comics line. He then was appointed Vice President of Online, managing DC’s move to digital comics through comiXology. He was once tipped by some people for the Publisher job,
Then the DC Relocate happened, and his job was moved to the West Coast.
But Ron Perazza didn’t want to go to the West Coast. He was a New Yorker. So he left DC Comics.
Now comiXology has named him Vice-President – General Manager of Publisher and Creator Services, with an eye to developing their next generation publisher and creator tools.
So, basically he knows everyone he’s working with.
And as comiXology continues to grow and digital continues to boom, Ron Perazza looks like he’ll be a far more powerful figure in the comics industry than he might have otherwise achieved with just DC Comics.
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018