There was one time when Ron Perazza was consider one of the most powerful up and coming comics employees, DC’s digital expert and founder of their now-abandoned Zuda Comics line. He then was appointed Vice President of Online, managing DC’s move to digital comics through comiXology. He was once tipped by some people for the Publisher job,
Then the DC Relocate happened, and his job was moved to the West Coast.
But Ron Perazza didn’t want to go to the West Coast. He was a New Yorker. So he left DC Comics.
Now comiXology has named him Vice-President – General Manager of Publisher and Creator Services, with an eye to developing their next generation publisher and creator tools.
So, basically he knows everyone he’s working with.
And as comiXology continues to grow and digital continues to boom, Ron Perazza looks like he’ll be a far more powerful figure in the comics industry than he might have otherwise achieved with just DC Comics.
- Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion Finally Coming From Gerard Way And Gabriel Bá In 2018 - July 21, 2017
- November Gets A Justice League Day, And Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day - July 21, 2017
- DC SVP Says Doomsday Clock #1 Will Be The Best-Selling Comic Of The Year, Then Run For 12 Issues - July 21, 2017
- Todd McFarlane And ‘Get Out’ Producers To Make Spawn Film - July 21, 2017
- DC Comics SVP Says Retailers Should Have Ordered More Copies Of Metal #1 - July 21, 2017