There was one time when Ron Perazza was consider one of the most powerful up and coming comics employees, DC’s digital expert and founder of their now-abandoned Zuda Comics line. He then was appointed Vice President of Online, managing DC’s move to digital comics through comiXology. He was once tipped by some people for the Publisher job,
Then the DC Relocate happened, and his job was moved to the West Coast.
But Ron Perazza didn’t want to go to the West Coast. He was a New Yorker. So he left DC Comics.
Now comiXology has named him Vice-President – General Manager of Publisher and Creator Services, with an eye to developing their next generation publisher and creator tools.
So, basically he knows everyone he’s working with.
And as comiXology continues to grow and digital continues to boom, Ron Perazza looks like he’ll be a far more powerful figure in the comics industry than he might have otherwise achieved with just DC Comics.
- He Who Knows Floods Soaks at the Touch of Frank Cho’s Man-Thing - January 19, 2018
- Batman and Doomsday Clock Win Comics of the Year, DC Wins Publisher at Diamond 2017 Gem Awards - January 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead, Wild Hunt, and X-Men Red Top Advance Reorders - January 19, 2018
- ComicsPRO Industry Awards Announce Nominees, and Honour Dave Hawksworth - January 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3 Filming in Manhattan on Monday - January 19, 2018