There was one time when Ron Perazza was consider one of the most powerful up and coming comics employees, DC’s digital expert and founder of their now-abandoned Zuda Comics line. He then was appointed Vice President of Online, managing DC’s move to digital comics through comiXology. He was once tipped by some people for the Publisher job,
Then the DC Relocate happened, and his job was moved to the West Coast.
But Ron Perazza didn’t want to go to the West Coast. He was a New Yorker. So he left DC Comics.
Now comiXology has named him Vice-President – General Manager of Publisher and Creator Services, with an eye to developing their next generation publisher and creator tools.
So, basically he knows everyone he’s working with.
And as comiXology continues to grow and digital continues to boom, Ron Perazza looks like he’ll be a far more powerful figure in the comics industry than he might have otherwise achieved with just DC Comics.
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018
- Valiant Entertainment to Publish ‘The Forgotten Queen’ - October 22, 2018
- Geoff Weber Adds Depth to The Scientists by Thinking Inside the Box - October 22, 2018
- Unboxing the Beatles Yellow Submarine Graphic Novel Special Gift Set from Titan Comics With My Dad - October 22, 2018