Looks like the rest of the world just caught onto what the comics world has been talking about the past few days: that new DC Comics logo. We still don’t know exactly when, where why, and how it might be used — though the trademark filings both here and in the UK provide an extremely lengthy list of possibilities.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Well, this symbol has now been submitted for trademark protection. It is meant to be the letter D flipping back to show the letter C. It looks like it may just be a new logo for DC Comics. There’s no colour, because no colour is being applied for trademark. So it could be any and every colour.
From Phil Jimenez, from an early pitch for Infinite Crisis. With quite a different story to tell…
Rob Liefeld is an acquired taste. Usually acquired around the age of ten – being confronted by a blaze of action, cool looking guns and people jumping around. Plot is never a major attractive point, but his work has an incredible kinetic quality that children especially find incredibly addictive.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
There are spoilers here, for the final episode of Sherlock, which aired last night on BBC 1, The Reichenbach Fall.
From James Ward.
I feel the same way about Andy Serkis receiving a Best Actor Oscar nomination for Rise of the Planet of the Apes as I do whenever I see Mike Leigh has received a screenplay nod: it doesn’t seem entirely fair. Let me elaborate.
- Super Weird Heroes v2.4: We Never Sleep - August 15, 2018
- Super Weird Heroes v2.3: Who Will Be The Man of Tomorrow? - August 13, 2018
- Super Weird Heroes v2.2: The Zookeeper of Berlin - August 10, 2018
- Super Weird Heroes v2.1: Gene Simmons, Steve Ditko, and Hand Gestures of Power - August 9, 2018
- Marvel Declassified 3: All Sorts of Subliminal Messages - July 26, 2018