On May the 2nd, Valiant Entertainment will launch X-O Manowar, a revamp of the Valiant/Acclaim character, from Surrogates creator and Iron Man writer Robert Venditti and artist Cary Nord.
This is how they describe the character.
Born into battle and raised under the oppressive thumb of the Roman Empire, Aric of Dacia is a beloved figure among his men and a leader of the Visigoth people. But when he’s taken prisoner after a brutal encounter with an alien strike force, he must capture the X-O Manowar armor – the most powerful weapon in the universe – if he’s to save his family and return to his people. But when he arrives he finds 1,600 years have passed and the most primitive man on Earth – a man out of time – now wields a weapon capable of incalculable destruction
“Some may consider him a barbarian, but Aric is a seasoned battlefield tactician and a warrior capable of taking down some of the world’s greatest adversaries with only his wits and a broadsword,” said Venditti. “So what happens when you hand this so-called primitive the universe’s most powerful weapon and drop him in the modern day? It’s a recipe for one of the most compelling action stories you’ll see on the stands in 2012.”
Basically, Conan in Iron Man’s armour. Let’s have a look at some sketches.
- BLACK, the Superhero Comic Where Only Black People Get Superpowers, to Be a Film Franchise from Studio 8 - April 23, 2018
- Frank Cho Draws Aunt May’s Wheatcakes for Amazing Spider-Man #800 Cover - April 23, 2018
- ComicBooks for Kids at the Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 23, 2018
- The 28 Covers Of Tony Stark: Iron Man – And How Retailers Can Order Them - April 23, 2018
- Review: I Am A Number by Rian Hughes - April 23, 2018