On May the 2nd, Valiant Entertainment will launch X-O Manowar, a revamp of the Valiant/Acclaim character, from Surrogates creator and Iron Man writer Robert Venditti and artist Cary Nord.
This is how they describe the character.
Born into battle and raised under the oppressive thumb of the Roman Empire, Aric of Dacia is a beloved figure among his men and a leader of the Visigoth people. But when he’s taken prisoner after a brutal encounter with an alien strike force, he must capture the X-O Manowar armor – the most powerful weapon in the universe – if he’s to save his family and return to his people. But when he arrives he finds 1,600 years have passed and the most primitive man on Earth – a man out of time – now wields a weapon capable of incalculable destruction
“Some may consider him a barbarian, but Aric is a seasoned battlefield tactician and a warrior capable of taking down some of the world’s greatest adversaries with only his wits and a broadsword,” said Venditti. “So what happens when you hand this so-called primitive the universe’s most powerful weapon and drop him in the modern day? It’s a recipe for one of the most compelling action stories you’ll see on the stands in 2012.”
Basically, Conan in Iron Man’s armour. Let’s have a look at some sketches.
- Grant Morrison Had Ideas for 12 Issues of Green Lantern - July 19, 2018
- Confirmed: Kelly Sue DeConnick Retooling Aquaman’s Origin with Robson Rocha - July 19, 2018
- Marc Silvestri’s Batman/The Joker: Deadly Duo Finally Announced at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Grant Morrison Signs on to Write for Magic Leap One Augmented Reality Headset - July 19, 2018
- Black Mask Surprise-Publishes New Comic CALEXIT: All Systems San Diego, Today - July 19, 2018