DJ Food/Strictly Kev collects the work of 2000AD, specifically that of Henry Flint, ultra-detailed painted artist on Judge Dredd and ABC Warriors.
As part of the original art he bought, he received a promotion for an exhibition of a different style of Flint’s, his black and white “doodles”. And saw inspiration for artwork for his recent series of EPs. Flint gave him permission to use and colour them. For the collecting album, Ninja Tunes, Henry provided more work specifically for the project, which also extended into photography from Cooper-Mitchell. Markosia has recently published Broadcast, collecting the drawings.
And a new exhibition featuring Flint’s published work for the album as well as the elements used to create it is about to open in the East End of London, along with the photography and DJ Food’s connecting work especially for the show, with audio/visual elements.
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018