DJ Food/Strictly Kev collects the work of 2000AD, specifically that of Henry Flint, ultra-detailed painted artist on Judge Dredd and ABC Warriors.
As part of the original art he bought, he received a promotion for an exhibition of a different style of Flint’s, his black and white “doodles”. And saw inspiration for artwork for his recent series of EPs. Flint gave him permission to use and colour them. For the collecting album, Ninja Tunes, Henry provided more work specifically for the project, which also extended into photography from Cooper-Mitchell. Markosia has recently published Broadcast, collecting the drawings.
And a new exhibition featuring Flint’s published work for the album as well as the elements used to create it is about to open in the East End of London, along with the photography and DJ Food’s connecting work especially for the show, with audio/visual elements.
- Okay… How About a Fantastic Four #1 for June as Well? - February 22, 2018
- More DC/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Comics, Including Super-Sons/Dynomutt - February 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fresh Start and Rick Remender and Bengal’s Death Or Glory on Front of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - February 22, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for May 2018 – the Day After Image Expo (Pics Update) - February 22, 2018
- Marvel Rumours Spilling Out of ComicsPRO – A Cosmic Ghost Rider Series? - February 22, 2018