And also, it seems, principle in bringing down San Francisco’s new sheriff, Ross Mirkarimi.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Mirkarimi is facing police investigation for “domestic violence for an alleged incident involving his wife, Eliana Lopez, in their home on New Year’s Eve” although the allegation is also denied by Lopez.
The New York Times reports that Madison contacted the police after she claims a bruised Lopez asked her for help on the night of the alleged assault – she also took photographs. During Mirkami’s swearing in process, he referred to it as “a private matter. A family matter.” Madison had previously been a political supporter of Mirkami.
If charged and convicted, Mirkami would automatically lose his position, but even the allegations could cause serious concerns over his ability to carry out his job.
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017