And also, it seems, principle in bringing down San Francisco’s new sheriff, Ross Mirkarimi.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Mirkarimi is facing police investigation for “domestic violence for an alleged incident involving his wife, Eliana Lopez, in their home on New Year’s Eve” although the allegation is also denied by Lopez.
The New York Times reports that Madison contacted the police after she claims a bruised Lopez asked her for help on the night of the alleged assault – she also took photographs. During Mirkami’s swearing in process, he referred to it as “a private matter. A family matter.” Madison had previously been a political supporter of Mirkami.
If charged and convicted, Mirkami would automatically lose his position, but even the allegations could cause serious concerns over his ability to carry out his job.
- Is This Our June Wedding Then? (Spoilers for Today’s Marvel Comics) - January 17, 2018
- Richard Corben, Emmanuel Guibert and Chris Ware Nominated for the Angoulême Grand Prix 2018 - January 17, 2018
- When Luke Skywalker Learnt About Rogue One in Marvel’s Star Wars - January 17, 2018
- Justice League #37 Makes DC Comics Fans the Enemy (SPOILERS) - January 17, 2018
- You’ll Believe Avengers Can Retcon – Avengers #676 and Champions #16 Spoilers - January 17, 2018