And also, it seems, principle in bringing down San Francisco’s new sheriff, Ross Mirkarimi.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Mirkarimi is facing police investigation for “domestic violence for an alleged incident involving his wife, Eliana Lopez, in their home on New Year’s Eve” although the allegation is also denied by Lopez.
The New York Times reports that Madison contacted the police after she claims a bruised Lopez asked her for help on the night of the alleged assault – she also took photographs. During Mirkami’s swearing in process, he referred to it as “a private matter. A family matter.” Madison had previously been a political supporter of Mirkami.
If charged and convicted, Mirkami would automatically lose his position, but even the allegations could cause serious concerns over his ability to carry out his job.
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017