And also, it seems, principle in bringing down San Francisco’s new sheriff, Ross Mirkarimi.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Mirkarimi is facing police investigation for “domestic violence for an alleged incident involving his wife, Eliana Lopez, in their home on New Year’s Eve” although the allegation is also denied by Lopez.
The New York Times reports that Madison contacted the police after she claims a bruised Lopez asked her for help on the night of the alleged assault – she also took photographs. During Mirkami’s swearing in process, he referred to it as “a private matter. A family matter.” Madison had previously been a political supporter of Mirkami.
If charged and convicted, Mirkami would automatically lose his position, but even the allegations could cause serious concerns over his ability to carry out his job.
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017