UPDATE: This artwork in question has been moved, after a legal letter from Amy E Genkins of DC Comics. Bleeding Cool has complied with her request.
So I get another late night phone call. “Look in your inbox”. The phone goes dead. I only went to bed two hours ago, but I grab my iPad and take a peek.
Five minutes later I’m downstairs writing these words.
Yes, folks, it’s Amanda Conner’s Silk Spectre II, an image of which just turned up in my inbox from an anonymous address. Whether it has something to do with Watchmen 2, our short hand term for the four Watchmen mini-sequel prequels we’ve heard about, I don’t know. But I can find no other reference to Amanda drawing and colouring this piece and Amanda has been rumoured to be working on the prequels, and a Silk Spectre book specifically. DC Comics are yet to even acknowledge the comics’ existence so I think we’ll have to wait for Amy E Genkins in DC Legal to tell us whether this is a genuine DC-owned image or not.
Anyway, it’s one minute to midnight in New York right now. Happy New Year all. Looks like it may be an interesting one. I’m going back to bed.
Oh and it’s pronounced Twenty Twelve, not Two Thousand And Twelve. Let’s make it official.
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018
- 42 Exclusive Comics at ECCC 2018 from Aspen, Dark Horse, Boom, DC, Oni, Valiant, Vault, and More - February 24, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, February 24th, 2018 – Batman Poisons Its Ivy - February 24, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018