I understand that DC are pursuing a new Batman: Black And White series. Published several years ago, from the editorship of Mark Chiarello, the original mini-series published Batman stories and art in monochrome from some of the world’s most respected creators. The series also contined with strips running in Gotham Knights. Creators included Jim Lee, Neil Gaiman, Frank Miller, Ted McKeever, Joe Kubert, Simon Bisley, John Byrne, Paul Pope, Brian Azzarello, Eduardo Risso, Moebius, Warren Ellis, Katsuhiro Otomo and Brian Bolland. The collections have become perennial best sellers, while providing material that appears in other collections such as Killing Joke.
And now it seems that DC are reaching out to creators to put together a sequel. Batman: Black And White 2.
Talking of such extravagant Batman projects, I understand that while Batman Europa has been cancelled from distributor, Diamond Comics, it has not been cancelled as a project within DC and is planned to return…
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018
- IDW to Publish Rick Veitch’s Brat Pack Hardcover in September - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Pink Time Force Ranger in April - January 15, 2018
- Valiant Issues Correction for Shadowman #1 Glow-in-the-Dark Variant – They Will Publish More Than One Copy - January 15, 2018