I understand that DC are pursuing a new Batman: Black And White series. Published several years ago, from the editorship of Mark Chiarello, the original mini-series published Batman stories and art in monochrome from some of the world’s most respected creators. The series also contined with strips running in Gotham Knights. Creators included Jim Lee, Neil Gaiman, Frank Miller, Ted McKeever, Joe Kubert, Simon Bisley, John Byrne, Paul Pope, Brian Azzarello, Eduardo Risso, Moebius, Warren Ellis, Katsuhiro Otomo and Brian Bolland. The collections have become perennial best sellers, while providing material that appears in other collections such as Killing Joke.
And now it seems that DC are reaching out to creators to put together a sequel. Batman: Black And White 2.
Talking of such extravagant Batman projects, I understand that while Batman Europa has been cancelled from distributor, Diamond Comics, it has not been cancelled as a project within DC and is planned to return…
- Full Marvel Comics Solicitations For April 2017 – Beginnings… And Endings - January 24, 2017
- Phoenix Comicon To Pay All Staff, And Give Free Passes For Those Who Miss Out - January 24, 2017
- Chapel Hill Comics In North Carolina To Close - January 24, 2017
- J.M. DeMatteis On His “Don’t Punch A Nazi” Captain America Comic From 1982 - January 24, 2017
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017