The plan was to give comic stores a week’s worth advance sales of the DC New 52 Hardcover in the run up to Christmas. A week for stores to handsell the thick brick of a monster, to recommend as gifts, to take advantage of those looking to buy their loved one this thick wodge of love in hardcover comic book form.
When my wife was my girlfriend, she did this with Dave McKean’s Cages. I asked her to marry me the next year. The two events may not have been entirely unrelated.
Anyway, it appears that there has been a printing delay. And, as a result, stores will not get this volume for another week, eating up the direct market’s chance to compete with online and book stores.
However, DC are lighting a small candle. Retailers can start selling the volume the moment they receivce them on Tuesday the 13th rather than waiting for Wednesday with the rest of that week’s comics.
So there’s that.
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017