The plan was to give comic stores a week’s worth advance sales of the DC New 52 Hardcover in the run up to Christmas. A week for stores to handsell the thick brick of a monster, to recommend as gifts, to take advantage of those looking to buy their loved one this thick wodge of love in hardcover comic book form.
When my wife was my girlfriend, she did this with Dave McKean’s Cages. I asked her to marry me the next year. The two events may not have been entirely unrelated.
Anyway, it appears that there has been a printing delay. And, as a result, stores will not get this volume for another week, eating up the direct market’s chance to compete with online and book stores.
However, DC are lighting a small candle. Retailers can start selling the volume the moment they receivce them on Tuesday the 13th rather than waiting for Wednesday with the rest of that week’s comics.
So there’s that.
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Wolverine Continues to Walk Through the Marvel Universe Missing Everyone (Thor #703 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018