The plan was to give comic stores a week’s worth advance sales of the DC New 52 Hardcover in the run up to Christmas. A week for stores to handsell the thick brick of a monster, to recommend as gifts, to take advantage of those looking to buy their loved one this thick wodge of love in hardcover comic book form.
When my wife was my girlfriend, she did this with Dave McKean’s Cages. I asked her to marry me the next year. The two events may not have been entirely unrelated.
Anyway, it appears that there has been a printing delay. And, as a result, stores will not get this volume for another week, eating up the direct market’s chance to compete with online and book stores.
However, DC are lighting a small candle. Retailers can start selling the volume the moment they receivce them on Tuesday the 13th rather than waiting for Wednesday with the rest of that week’s comics.
So there’s that.
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017