The plan was to give comic stores a week’s worth advance sales of the DC New 52 Hardcover in the run up to Christmas. A week for stores to handsell the thick brick of a monster, to recommend as gifts, to take advantage of those looking to buy their loved one this thick wodge of love in hardcover comic book form.
When my wife was my girlfriend, she did this with Dave McKean’s Cages. I asked her to marry me the next year. The two events may not have been entirely unrelated.
Anyway, it appears that there has been a printing delay. And, as a result, stores will not get this volume for another week, eating up the direct market’s chance to compete with online and book stores.
However, DC are lighting a small candle. Retailers can start selling the volume the moment they receivce them on Tuesday the 13th rather than waiting for Wednesday with the rest of that week’s comics.
So there’s that.
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017