Not only has Eddie Murphy stepped down from his role as host of this year’s Academy Awards ceremony, but also thanks to what can politely be termed a social faux pas by Brett Ratner, the job of producer has just been handed over to Brian Grazer. Everything’s getting a reshuffle and there’s an empty spot where a host should be standing. So who should fill that spot?
The internet concludes: The Muppets!
What started out as a group on Facebook and subsequently became a Twitter page has now snowballed into a world-wide-web-wide clamouring for this to become a reality, probably because it’s a really good idea.
With their next big movie on the way, The Muppets are making a comeback (you’ve probably noticed them in a lot of headlines on Bleeding Cool because Brendon’s somewhat obsessed), and it would break the long and regrettable absence of Muppetness surrounding the Oscars.
We at Bleeding Cool are 100% behind this campaign and encourage you to lend your support. We would like to add a subclause that gives Waldorf and Statler their own balcony at the event and grants them the right to unlimited amounts of heckling.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012