Earlier today, Nick Spencer tweeted that the Victor Von Doom mini-series written by him and drawn by Becky Cloonan had been cancelled. Nicknamed Teen Doom, it would have told the story of Doctor Doom’s early life and had been anticipated. That it was edited by Alejandro Arbona, recently made redundant by Marvel Comics, was seen by some as a possible reason.
UPDATE: There are two very adamant but contradictory sides to why this happened currently being expressed to me. All from people I trust. All from people who are very sure of their version – albeit it very guarded in what they’ll let me pass on.
As it stands, I’m no longer happy with the earlier version of this pieced that ran on Bleeding Cool today. It was well sourced from a number of people, had been run past involved people, but as a result of publication, a whole host of stuff dropped in my inbox. I’d like to apologise to anyone affected.
Either way, there will be no Victor Von Doom from Marvel next week. And, if the fallout so far is anything to go by, I don’t know if there ever will be.
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017