The Elongated Man too obscure to have a new action figure? I don’t think so. First, there’s an excellent case to be made that there are no insignificant characters in post-internet comic book fandom — I mean, Geoff Johns could turn him into one of the stars of the New 52 by ground hog day, if he wanted to. And second, he’s not an obscure character at all. A classic of the Silver Age and beyond.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Well, it seems like there’s a limit on that obscureness. Swamp Thing is fine, Metron and his chair is positively encouraged but… Elongated Man? Only a few years ago, he was a starring part of Identity Crisis, and before that he led the Justice League Europe.
“How did you know? How did you know? I didn’t know. How did you know?”
As sometimes happens when a story idea percolates for a long time — too long? — my plans for NEXT MEN: AFTERMATH have hit a speedbump. Namely, the recent DOCTOR WHO “finale” played most, if not all, the cards I was planning for my series.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
The process of mastering a Blu-ray typically employs laser scanning to convert the film to digital format. It’s a relatively new technology, but it gets incredibly stable results – far better than what was possible from the old telecine technique.
Let’s join some dots. Purely speculation. Nothing more, let’s make that clear. No inside sources. Just reading between the lines.
There’s a bit of structural sleight of hand in Captain America: The First Avenger, wherein a montage of battle sequences not only moves along the plot, it provides for more stories from this time period to be told in subsequent movies.
Most-Clicked Pics Today:
- Sean Spicer: More Than Meets The Eye? - January 22, 2017
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016