The DC Eaglemoss line of monthly lead figurines may have had another extension of twenty figures to a total of a hundred and twenty. And it may even contnue after that.
But earlier this year, Eaglemoss launched another line in the UK, which comes to the US this month as well, the DC Chess line. Just as with the figurine line, each comes with an accompanying magazine, but rather than building up a collection for the mantelpiece, this builds up a collection for the chess board. Although subscribers get one of those free.
The first four pieces are all made available to US retailers in October. And after the first thirty-two Bat-themed pieces, expect the same for Superman…
The Eaglemoss monthly partwork magazines that come with lead painted figurines have proved a familiar sight in comic shops for bothe the DC and Marvel lines. The DC line has received another extension by fan pressure caused them to publish past number 100, to 120 figurines in total.
But there’s also anothr DC line that may prove popular from the same publisher, namely DC Chess. Starting with Batman, each month you get a differengt chess piece modelled on a Batman character, and subscribers can get the board and a binder for the magazines free.
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017
- Philip Stead And Erin Stead Complete Mark Twain’s Lost Book, The Purloining Of Prince Oleomargarine - January 20, 2017
- Frank Cho – No Nudity, Just Catholic Nuns In Bikinis - January 20, 2017
- A Sneak Peek At The Best Selling Comic Of 2017 – Could It Be Obelix The Gaul? - January 20, 2017