KMOV in St Louis have reported that one Gerry Arville Armbruster, suspected of being “Gary”, who stole valuable Superman comics and memorabilia of disabled St Louis man Mike Myer, who he befriended, has been arrested by Illinois police.
The arrest came after another robbery of a 76 year old man who was attacked and had his jewelry and money stolen in Granite City, after the suspect conned his way into a cleaning job.
The two crimes were linked due to the suspect’s description, and the Superman comics and memorabilia was not only recovered but has been returned to Mike Meyer, their owner.
As the news of Mike Meyer’s original loss were reported across the industry, a number of fellow collectors put together a package to send to Mike, that included hundreds of comics and memorabila. I hope no one is going to ask for them back…
Updated by Mark: With his original collection returned, Meyer intends to give the comics donated to him to a charity such as a children’s hospital, according to St Louis Today:
As for his Superman collection, Meyer now has close to double what he had lost. Smith has about 40 more items ready to be delivered, and dozens more have been promised. Meyer said he wants to take the donations and give them to charity, possibly delivering them to a children’s hospital.
“People were generous to me; this is how I can be generous in return,” he said.
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018