KMOV in St Louis have reported that one Gerry Arville Armbruster, suspected of being “Gary”, who stole valuable Superman comics and memorabilia of disabled St Louis man Mike Myer, who he befriended, has been arrested by Illinois police.
The arrest came after another robbery of a 76 year old man who was attacked and had his jewelry and money stolen in Granite City, after the suspect conned his way into a cleaning job.
The two crimes were linked due to the suspect’s description, and the Superman comics and memorabilia was not only recovered but has been returned to Mike Meyer, their owner.
As the news of Mike Meyer’s original loss were reported across the industry, a number of fellow collectors put together a package to send to Mike, that included hundreds of comics and memorabila. I hope no one is going to ask for them back…
Updated by Mark: With his original collection returned, Meyer intends to give the comics donated to him to a charity such as a children’s hospital, according to St Louis Today:
As for his Superman collection, Meyer now has close to double what he had lost. Smith has about 40 more items ready to be delivered, and dozens more have been promised. Meyer said he wants to take the donations and give them to charity, possibly delivering them to a children’s hospital.
“People were generous to me; this is how I can be generous in return,” he said.
- Preview Of Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa’s Mech Cadet Yu #2 A Month Ahead - August 21, 2017
- Liam Sharp, Your Metal Collaborator Is Bryan Hitch! 14 Things We Noticed In DC’s November 2017 Solicits - August 21, 2017
- Full DC Comics November 2017 Solicits, As Dr Manhattan Creates Superman… - August 21, 2017
- Everything You Know About The Other Steve Rogers Was Wrong – Secret Empire #9 Spoilers - August 21, 2017
- LEAKED: The Doomsday Clock Lenticular Cover Shows The Trinity, Via Rorschach’s Face - August 21, 2017