That’s the claim DC Comics are making. Look, they do it right here. Claiming over 200,000 copies sold.
Which is fair enough. Except it’s just not true.
The number is accurate, sure. No argument there. The best selling comics through Diamond Comic Distributors to comic stores, that I’ll give them. Absolutely.
But consider Walking Dead in bookstores. Possibly even Scott Pilgrim still.
And then consider Asterix. And then consider Tintin. And then consider the BD market of albums in France. And then consider manga. In Japan.
Given all the circumstances Justice League #1 sales are impressive. Really impressive.
But please. Watch those headlines…
- ‘Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe’ Footage from ‘Bat In The Sun’ Shown At SDCC - July 23, 2017
- Announcing The Winners Of The 2017 Diamond ‘Best Practice Awards’ For Comic Retailers - July 23, 2017
- Charlize Theron Kicks Ass At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- An Hour With Adam Savage - July 23, 2017
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017