That’s the claim DC Comics are making. Look, they do it right here. Claiming over 200,000 copies sold.
Which is fair enough. Except it’s just not true.
The number is accurate, sure. No argument there. The best selling comics through Diamond Comic Distributors to comic stores, that I’ll give them. Absolutely.
But consider Walking Dead in bookstores. Possibly even Scott Pilgrim still.
And then consider Asterix. And then consider Tintin. And then consider the BD market of albums in France. And then consider manga. In Japan.
Given all the circumstances Justice League #1 sales are impressive. Really impressive.
But please. Watch those headlines…
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Telepathetic #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 23, 2018
- Titan Comics to Republish Original Deadline Tank Girl Strips in Colour - January 23, 2018
- A Sneek Peak at McFarlane Toys’s New Stranger Things Ghostbusters Action Figures - January 23, 2018