That’s the claim DC Comics are making. Look, they do it right here. Claiming over 200,000 copies sold.
Which is fair enough. Except it’s just not true.
The number is accurate, sure. No argument there. The best selling comics through Diamond Comic Distributors to comic stores, that I’ll give them. Absolutely.
But consider Walking Dead in bookstores. Possibly even Scott Pilgrim still.
And then consider Asterix. And then consider Tintin. And then consider the BD market of albums in France. And then consider manga. In Japan.
Given all the circumstances Justice League #1 sales are impressive. Really impressive.
But please. Watch those headlines…
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017