Bleeding Cool told you back in June that DC Comics planned a major advertising campaign that included Cartoon Network and movie theater ads to launch the New 52. Earlier tonight, Hero Complex debuted trailer footage for National CineMedia’s FirstLook program.
The preview spot features covers and inside art from issues such as Justice League No. 1, written by Geoff Johns and drawn by Jim Lee; Action Comics No. 1, written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Rags Morales; Batman No. 1 written by Scott Snyder and drawn by Greg Capullo; Wonder Woman No. 1 written by Brian Azzarello and drawn by Cliff Chiang; and Aquaman No. 1, written by Johns with art by Ivan Reis.
There should be embeddable footage available later today, in the meantime hit the link to check it out.
UPDATE: Rich says: It’s flashy and splashy, it shows off the art, it connects it all to the comics and it gives a strong website… if people remember the website when they get home. It could probably have done with a voiceover to emphasise the “call to action” and it has no emotional connection at all. But it’s probably the best cinema-based ad for comics I’ve seen. Now all it needs is that “Blather’s Comic, Games And Dustbunny Shop, fifteen minutes from this theater” at the end.
- Another Take on The Hollywood Reporter Piece on Stan Lee’s Situation #StandByStan - April 10, 2018
- Why Do Russian Trolls Hate The Alienist? - April 4, 2018
- Is the Media Getting Suckered into Making Roseanne a Serious Post-Trump Presidential Candidate? - April 2, 2018
- Stan Lee v The Bloodsuckers - April 2, 2018
- Suspense Comics #3 and the Iconography of Fictional Hate - March 23, 2018