Bleeding Cool told you back in June that DC Comics planned a major advertising campaign that included Cartoon Network and movie theater ads to launch the New 52. Earlier tonight, Hero Complex debuted trailer footage for National CineMedia’s FirstLook program.
The preview spot features covers and inside art from issues such as Justice League No. 1, written by Geoff Johns and drawn by Jim Lee; Action Comics No. 1, written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Rags Morales; Batman No. 1 written by Scott Snyder and drawn by Greg Capullo; Wonder Woman No. 1 written by Brian Azzarello and drawn by Cliff Chiang; and Aquaman No. 1, written by Johns with art by Ivan Reis.
There should be embeddable footage available later today, in the meantime hit the link to check it out.
UPDATE: Rich says: It’s flashy and splashy, it shows off the art, it connects it all to the comics and it gives a strong website… if people remember the website when they get home. It could probably have done with a voiceover to emphasise the “call to action” and it has no emotional connection at all. But it’s probably the best cinema-based ad for comics I’ve seen. Now all it needs is that “Blather’s Comic, Games And Dustbunny Shop, fifteen minutes from this theater” at the end.
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller On His Possible Upcoming Superman Project, And The Genesis Of The Batman V Superman Dynamic - April 22, 2017
- Wonder Woman’s Iconic Moment: The Pre-History Of The Character As Revealed In The Wonder Woman Film - April 21, 2017