We’re living in the golden age of vintage reprint collections, with Marvel and DC both putting quite a bit of work into remastering and republishing their vintage libraries in recent times, and other publishers like IDW, Fantagraphics, Dark Horse, and Titan filling in the gaps with material from other vintage-era publishers. We’ve even seen more than a few great but relatively obscure titles I never thought we’d see in print again (Marvel’s Atlas Era material is exhibit A here), and here’s news of yet another example of that — Jack Kirby‘s Spirit World from DC.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
We know the story. Jack Kirby, enraged by the lack of respect and/or money he was getting from Marvel Comics, moved to DC. This was a big deal, the equivalent of Marvel signing Geoff Johns now, or DC signing Brian Bendis. And so he began work on what would become Jack Kirby’s Fourth World.
a remixing of Colasquid‘s original piece.…
A Banksy-eye-view on the current Murpert Murdoch phone hacking scandal.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
I’m not at all sure of the provenance of this image, but since it popped up in my e-mail this afternoon
A few days ago, Warner Bros. officially released the first image of Henry Cavill as Superman, in full costume. I don’t have one single issue with the costume at all, and wouldn’t want anything about it changed in any way.
You might consider the following to be spoiler material. Turn back now, or march ahead – the decision is yours.
Most-Clicked Pics Today:
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017