We have a bit of a thing about children at Bleeding Cool. No, not like that. But Josh Adams, son of Neal Adams, has been a regular contributor (and is threatening to be one again), Joel Ronson (currently taking a summer holiday) is the son of Jon Ronson, Andrew Wheeler of No More Mutants is the son of David Wheeler, who wrote the April Fool spaghetti tree edition of Panorama… and we’re delighted to showcase the work of one Alwyn Talbot, son of Bryan Talbot.
After having a spell on Judge Dredd this year, Alwyn is currently pushing a new book, Doomed Romantics, billed as a collection of classic stories of ill-fated love given an extreme horror twist, written by P M Buchan, a columnist from Starburst and writer for SCREAM horror magazine.
So here, for the first time, are pages one, two and seven of the first story in Doomed Romantics, an adaptation of the John Keats poem Isabella, or the Pot of Basil. Both creators openly acknowledge that it might not have been Keats’ intention that the poem should feature an ultraviolent basil-elemental.
Anybody wishing to contact the pair should be able to find them on Twitter on @FrancisSobriety and @AlwynTalbot or on e-mail at email@example.com.
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018
- Three Competitive Creative Teams for Wonder Woman? - October 15, 2018
- David F Walker… Not Writing Flash for DC Comics - October 15, 2018