I ran a version of this story over San Diego Comic Con but it may have got lost in the shuffle.
Bonomo Turkish Taffy, a sweet/candy brand familiar to Americans from the fifties and sixties which advertisies in comic shops back then, now returns to comic stores, while raising money for The Hero Initiative charity, which helps comic book creators in need.
New York, NY (August 1, 2011) Bonomo Turkish Taffy, the classic “smack-it, crack-it” candy brand enjoying a nationwide resurgence in popularity since its return after more than 30 years, today announced a unique sales program exclusive to comic shops that will help raise funds for The Hero Initiative, the federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need.
Under the tagline “Every Smack Gives Something Back”, 25 cents will be donated for every Bonomo Turkish Taffy bar sold in a comic shop, available in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and banana, and sold through Diamond Comic Distributors in promotional countertop display boxes of 24 bars each, positioned and promoted by Bonfire Agency.
I’ve never heard of this brand before, obviously, let alone eaten any. Does anyone with long memories care to share anything about it?
- Jae Lee And Brian Stelfreeze FOC Covers For Jim Henson And Victor LaValle.. - April 28, 2017
- A Box For Archie Comics’ Spider-Man Digests In Time for Spider-Man Homecoming - April 28, 2017
- Oh My Days! Bill Potts’ First Titan Comics Doctor Who Appearance, On Free Comic Book Day - April 28, 2017
- Just Five Exclusive Retailer Cover Variants From Marvel Again for July – X-Men, Deadpool, Guardians, Spider-Men And Secret Empire - April 28, 2017
- The Fate Of Kieron Gillen And Jamie McKelvie In Skottie Young’s I Hate Image Comics For Free Comic Book Day (SPOILERS) - April 28, 2017