I ran a version of this story over San Diego Comic Con but it may have got lost in the shuffle.
Bonomo Turkish Taffy, a sweet/candy brand familiar to Americans from the fifties and sixties which advertisies in comic shops back then, now returns to comic stores, while raising money for The Hero Initiative charity, which helps comic book creators in need.
New York, NY (August 1, 2011) Bonomo Turkish Taffy, the classic “smack-it, crack-it” candy brand enjoying a nationwide resurgence in popularity since its return after more than 30 years, today announced a unique sales program exclusive to comic shops that will help raise funds for The Hero Initiative, the federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need.
Under the tagline “Every Smack Gives Something Back”, 25 cents will be donated for every Bonomo Turkish Taffy bar sold in a comic shop, available in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and banana, and sold through Diamond Comic Distributors in promotional countertop display boxes of 24 bars each, positioned and promoted by Bonfire Agency.
I’ve never heard of this brand before, obviously, let alone eaten any. Does anyone with long memories care to share anything about it?
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018