I ran a version of this story over San Diego Comic Con but it may have got lost in the shuffle.
Bonomo Turkish Taffy, a sweet/candy brand familiar to Americans from the fifties and sixties which advertisies in comic shops back then, now returns to comic stores, while raising money for The Hero Initiative charity, which helps comic book creators in need.
New York, NY (August 1, 2011) Bonomo Turkish Taffy, the classic “smack-it, crack-it” candy brand enjoying a nationwide resurgence in popularity since its return after more than 30 years, today announced a unique sales program exclusive to comic shops that will help raise funds for The Hero Initiative, the federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need.
Under the tagline “Every Smack Gives Something Back”, 25 cents will be donated for every Bonomo Turkish Taffy bar sold in a comic shop, available in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and banana, and sold through Diamond Comic Distributors in promotional countertop display boxes of 24 bars each, positioned and promoted by Bonfire Agency.
I’ve never heard of this brand before, obviously, let alone eaten any. Does anyone with long memories care to share anything about it?
- ‘Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe’ Footage from ‘Bat In The Sun’ Shown At SDCC - July 23, 2017
- Announcing The Winners Of The 2017 Diamond ‘Best Practice Awards’ For Comic Retailers - July 23, 2017
- Charlize Theron Kicks Ass At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- An Hour With Adam Savage - July 23, 2017
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017