Bleeding Cool reported a few weeks ago that it looked as if the aspiring artist website deviantART was being lined up to sponsor Artists Alley at San Diego Comic Con this year.
Well, it looks like talks went well.
Not only will deviantART sponsor the Artists Alley, with around two hundred comic book artists showing and selling their work, but two of them will get there on deviantART’s coin.
One will go to a digital comic artist, the other a traditional comics artist, and will be guests of deviantART at the show, and they will be introduced to prominent artists during the weekend.
The winners will get air flight there and back, hotel rooms and passes to Comic Con for two days and $100 for expenses.
To qualify you can’t be a professional artist, but you must be over eighteen and;
- Highly talented graphic artists looking to expand the reach of their work.
- Committed to the graphic comic arts. Show this by boasting your educational qualifications, experience in gallery shows, self-published works, or the quantity and quality of your work.
Your work will be reviewed as a deviantART Portfolio, so if you don’t have one, go here. You will need;
- One Gallery of up to 18 images selected from your existing work. All other galleries will not be considered.
- Your contact information, including your full name, email, and city and country of residence.
- A very brief description of why you’re an emerging artist and why Comic-Con should choose you for the sponsorship. Insert this description in the Artist’s Bio page in the Portfolio.
- Your resume or CV, noting your educational and art experience. Do not attach your resume to your Note. Attach your resume where indicated on your Artist’s Bio page in the Portfolio.
- Applications are due July 8, 2011 at 6:00PM Los Angeles, CA time.
Then submit your portfolio to this group via Note, stating in the subject line, “Comic-Con Sponsorship”, then include the link to your Portfolio in the body of the message.
The judge will be Dave Elliott, of A1, Tundra, Radical and now Image.