DC Comics have just confirmed to the LA Times Hero Complex blog that Grant Morrison and Rags Morales as the creative team on September’s relaunch of Action Comics.
But, in a move that is either audacious or desperate — or a bit of both – DC Comics is making a break, at least in numbering, from the grand old series. In September, celebrated Scottish writer Grant Morrison and rising artist Ralph “Rags” Morales will start the series over with Action Comics No. 1, the 21st century version, which is one part of a huge initiative to a reach a new audience with a new interpretation of the Man of Steel and the DC Universe.
Bleeding Cool first mentioned Rags Morales in relation to this project a couple of weeks ago, alongside George Perez and designs for the new suit, while CBR mentioned Morrison’s name in relation to this project last week.
The LA Times didn’t bother to mention George Perez on Action Comics #1 however, nor Michael Green, Mike Johnson and Mahmud A. Asrar on Supergirl #1, nor Scott Lobdell on Superboy #1. But they do state that the full name of the Perez book is Superman: The Man Of Tomorrow. To come later on the DC Source blog I’m sure.
UPDATE: And there you go. Confirmation of Michael Green, Mike Johnson and Mahmud Asrar on Supergirl #1, George Perez only writing (and covering) Superman #1 (that’s the full title) with Jesus Merino on art, and announcing R.B. Silva and Rob Lean as artists on Scott Lobdell’s Superboy #1.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017