DC Comics have just confirmed to the LA Times Hero Complex blog that Grant Morrison and Rags Morales as the creative team on September’s relaunch of Action Comics.
But, in a move that is either audacious or desperate — or a bit of both – DC Comics is making a break, at least in numbering, from the grand old series. In September, celebrated Scottish writer Grant Morrison and rising artist Ralph “Rags” Morales will start the series over with Action Comics No. 1, the 21st century version, which is one part of a huge initiative to a reach a new audience with a new interpretation of the Man of Steel and the DC Universe.
Bleeding Cool first mentioned Rags Morales in relation to this project a couple of weeks ago, alongside George Perez and designs for the new suit, while CBR mentioned Morrison’s name in relation to this project last week.
The LA Times didn’t bother to mention George Perez on Action Comics #1 however, nor Michael Green, Mike Johnson and Mahmud A. Asrar on Supergirl #1, nor Scott Lobdell on Superboy #1. But they do state that the full name of the Perez book is Superman: The Man Of Tomorrow. To come later on the DC Source blog I’m sure.
UPDATE: And there you go. Confirmation of Michael Green, Mike Johnson and Mahmud Asrar on Supergirl #1, George Perez only writing (and covering) Superman #1 (that’s the full title) with Jesus Merino on art, and announcing R.B. Silva and Rob Lean as artists on Scott Lobdell’s Superboy #1.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017