DC Comics have just confirmed to the LA Times Hero Complex blog that Grant Morrison and Rags Morales as the creative team on September’s relaunch of Action Comics.
But, in a move that is either audacious or desperate — or a bit of both – DC Comics is making a break, at least in numbering, from the grand old series. In September, celebrated Scottish writer Grant Morrison and rising artist Ralph “Rags” Morales will start the series over with Action Comics No. 1, the 21st century version, which is one part of a huge initiative to a reach a new audience with a new interpretation of the Man of Steel and the DC Universe.
Bleeding Cool first mentioned Rags Morales in relation to this project a couple of weeks ago, alongside George Perez and designs for the new suit, while CBR mentioned Morrison’s name in relation to this project last week.
The LA Times didn’t bother to mention George Perez on Action Comics #1 however, nor Michael Green, Mike Johnson and Mahmud A. Asrar on Supergirl #1, nor Scott Lobdell on Superboy #1. But they do state that the full name of the Perez book is Superman: The Man Of Tomorrow. To come later on the DC Source blog I’m sure.
UPDATE: And there you go. Confirmation of Michael Green, Mike Johnson and Mahmud Asrar on Supergirl #1, George Perez only writing (and covering) Superman #1 (that’s the full title) with Jesus Merino on art, and announcing R.B. Silva and Rob Lean as artists on Scott Lobdell’s Superboy #1.
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017