Still not done quite yet. The full version of that Jim Lee JLA art has emerged over the past couple hours. I first saw it from the sharp-eyed DC Women Kicking Ass, it may have first surfaced in this IGN story.
CBR’s Kiel Phegley has a good article that starts to fill out some emerging details of the story, and is reporting that the new Birds of Prey series will not be written by Gail Simone. He has some other excellent info about possible creator lineups as well so go check that out.
Are we done now? Details are emerging quickly now, so stay tuned.
And more: USAToday has posted a second story on the DC Reboot. A few points:
In addition, three-quarters of the creative teams will be shuffled around — series that are successful and writer/artist combinations that work well together won’t be tweaked too much, he says.
“We’ve got a new set of creators coming in with new voices in the DC Universe,” DiDio says.
The characters also are getting a makeover. While most of the specifics are still top secret, Lee says he worked with both staff and freelance artists to redesign costumes in a contemporary way as well as alter the physicality of many heroes and villains to modernize the DC Universe.
The recent emphasis on diverse characters such as lesbian superheroine Batwoman, Hispanic hero Blue Beetle and African-American adventurer Cyborg (who will be a core member of Johns and Lee’s new Justice League) also will continue.
Bleeding Cool has had complete DC Reboot coverage all day long. Check it all out here.
- Stephen King’s Firestarter Gets A Remake By Akiva Goldsman And Scott Teems - April 28, 2017
- Infinity Gauntlet Is Not The Title Of ‘Avengers 4’, Says James Gunn - April 25, 2017
- Hawkgirl Day: Celebrating The First Appearance Of One Of The First Female Comic Book Superheroes - April 25, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle First Trailer - April 24, 2017
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017