According to a number of Barnes & Noble employees in the USA, in June, Barnes & Noble will be expanding the amount and range of comic books they carry. Already growing their graphic novel categories, I understand that reports regarding Hastings doing well with single comic books has encouraged Barnes & Noble to try the same, nationally.
As a result, Bleeding Cool has been told that employees have been asked to prepare to rearrange the magazine section of the store to accomodate a greater range of comic book titles, from both mainstream and independent titles, albeit with an emphasis on titles with movies this summer.
The comic book industry has received a blow with the bankruptcy and rearrangement of Borders, this could provide a much needed boost, even if it’s only a temporary one.
And, of course, if it works, it cold be just the financial impetus that print comics industry needs.
- Will Talia al Ghul Make Brian Bendis’s Leviathan a Superman and Batman Crossover? - October 15, 2018
- Aquaman – Is He or Isn’t He a Fish out of Water? - October 15, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 15th October 2018 – Titanic Daze - October 15, 2018
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: The Ghost Monument - October 14, 2018
- Almost A Thousand Cosplay Photos From New York Comic Con 2018 - October 14, 2018