According to a number of Barnes & Noble employees in the USA, in June, Barnes & Noble will be expanding the amount and range of comic books they carry. Already growing their graphic novel categories, I understand that reports regarding Hastings doing well with single comic books has encouraged Barnes & Noble to try the same, nationally.
As a result, Bleeding Cool has been told that employees have been asked to prepare to rearrange the magazine section of the store to accomodate a greater range of comic book titles, from both mainstream and independent titles, albeit with an emphasis on titles with movies this summer.
The comic book industry has received a blow with the bankruptcy and rearrangement of Borders, this could provide a much needed boost, even if it’s only a temporary one.
And, of course, if it works, it cold be just the financial impetus that print comics industry needs.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018