According to a number of Barnes & Noble employees in the USA, in June, Barnes & Noble will be expanding the amount and range of comic books they carry. Already growing their graphic novel categories, I understand that reports regarding Hastings doing well with single comic books has encouraged Barnes & Noble to try the same, nationally.
As a result, Bleeding Cool has been told that employees have been asked to prepare to rearrange the magazine section of the store to accomodate a greater range of comic book titles, from both mainstream and independent titles, albeit with an emphasis on titles with movies this summer.
The comic book industry has received a blow with the bankruptcy and rearrangement of Borders, this could provide a much needed boost, even if it’s only a temporary one.
And, of course, if it works, it cold be just the financial impetus that print comics industry needs.
- Matt Fraction… Not on Jimmy Olsen? DC Fresh Stop? - April 20, 2018
- David F. Walker on a Flash Comic? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- Marvel Has 7 Exclusive Retailer Cover Options for July, from Cap to Cosmic - April 20, 2018
- Will Liam Sharp Join Grant Morrison on Green Lantern? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- 18 DC Comics Covers for May from Amanda Conner, Frank Cho, Bryan Hitch, Francesco Mattina, and More - April 20, 2018