According to a number of Barnes & Noble employees in the USA, in June, Barnes & Noble will be expanding the amount and range of comic books they carry. Already growing their graphic novel categories, I understand that reports regarding Hastings doing well with single comic books has encouraged Barnes & Noble to try the same, nationally.
As a result, Bleeding Cool has been told that employees have been asked to prepare to rearrange the magazine section of the store to accomodate a greater range of comic book titles, from both mainstream and independent titles, albeit with an emphasis on titles with movies this summer.
The comic book industry has received a blow with the bankruptcy and rearrangement of Borders, this could provide a much needed boost, even if it’s only a temporary one.
And, of course, if it works, it cold be just the financial impetus that print comics industry needs.
- Need A Break from The Inauguration? Catch Up With Con Man Season 2 - January 20, 2017
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017
- Philip Stead And Erin Stead Complete Mark Twain’s Lost Book, The Purloining Of Prince Oleomargarine - January 20, 2017
- Frank Cho – No Nudity, Just Catholic Nuns In Bikinis - January 20, 2017