According to a number of Barnes & Noble employees in the USA, in June, Barnes & Noble will be expanding the amount and range of comic books they carry. Already growing their graphic novel categories, I understand that reports regarding Hastings doing well with single comic books has encouraged Barnes & Noble to try the same, nationally.
As a result, Bleeding Cool has been told that employees have been asked to prepare to rearrange the magazine section of the store to accomodate a greater range of comic book titles, from both mainstream and independent titles, albeit with an emphasis on titles with movies this summer.
The comic book industry has received a blow with the bankruptcy and rearrangement of Borders, this could provide a much needed boost, even if it’s only a temporary one.
And, of course, if it works, it cold be just the financial impetus that print comics industry needs.
- Separated at Bath: Rob Liefeld and the New Domino Annual - July 22, 2018
- How Many Times Can Marvel Exclusively Give Away the Same Exclusive Variant Cover at San Diego Comic-Con? - July 22, 2018
- Marvel True Believers Panel Previews Squirrel Girl, Marvel Rising, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Domino, Runaways, and Many More - July 22, 2018
- A Look Inside the Increasingly Late Mister Miracle at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- Swag from the Marvel True Believers Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018