At WonderCon this week, there were a few hundred copies of Nonplayer by Nate Simpson for sale, ahead of this Wednesday’s release. They sold fast, one per person. I understand it looked a little like the above.
And here’s the response on Twitter.
shopofideas Wed. NONPLAYER #1. NATE SIMPSON! This book is beautiful! The plot is actually awesome, but seriously look at this…
AlexSanch Hey it was awesome meeting you, absolutely LOVE Nonplayer
ChrisPartin No doubt! NONPLAYER is amazing!
BarryCrain “Nonplayer” asks the question, What if Moebius and Eric Shanower had a baby, and William Stout raised him?
OK Comics are giving away free limited prints with the first issue of Nonplayer, while Larry’s Comics are giving copies away free with every Image TPB or HC bought.
And eBay? eBay has precious little pre-sale activity. One copy sold last week for cover price, $2.99. Another is up right now at $4.25. In comparison, Blue Estate and Green Wake also with first Image issues out on Wednesday have presale copies up at 99 cents with no bids yet.
The print run for Nonplayer was sold out the day after the print run was set, as a result of a rush of orders. A second print is being prepared and after release I’d put money on there being a third print too.
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018