At WonderCon this week, there were a few hundred copies of Nonplayer by Nate Simpson for sale, ahead of this Wednesday’s release. They sold fast, one per person. I understand it looked a little like the above.
And here’s the response on Twitter.
shopofideas Wed. NONPLAYER #1. NATE SIMPSON! This book is beautiful! The plot is actually awesome, but seriously look at this…
AlexSanch Hey it was awesome meeting you, absolutely LOVE Nonplayer
ChrisPartin No doubt! NONPLAYER is amazing!
BarryCrain “Nonplayer” asks the question, What if Moebius and Eric Shanower had a baby, and William Stout raised him?
OK Comics are giving away free limited prints with the first issue of Nonplayer, while Larry’s Comics are giving copies away free with every Image TPB or HC bought.
And eBay? eBay has precious little pre-sale activity. One copy sold last week for cover price, $2.99. Another is up right now at $4.25. In comparison, Blue Estate and Green Wake also with first Image issues out on Wednesday have presale copies up at 99 cents with no bids yet.
The print run for Nonplayer was sold out the day after the print run was set, as a result of a rush of orders. A second print is being prepared and after release I’d put money on there being a third print too.
- Lex Luthor Gets an Upgrade in Justice League #2 (SPOILERS) - June 20, 2018
- Poison Ivy Swears Off Mind Control – Before Engaging in Mind Control (Damage #6 Spoilers) - June 20, 2018
- It’s Still Tough Being Captain Marvel, Post-Civil War II - June 20, 2018
- IDW Solicits for September 2018 Begin with Star Trek Vs Transformers - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics September 2018 Solicits – Stranger Things, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Olivia Twist, Call of Duty Zombies 2, War Bears, Gamma and Joe Golem - June 20, 2018