At WonderCon this week, there were a few hundred copies of Nonplayer by Nate Simpson for sale, ahead of this Wednesday’s release. They sold fast, one per person. I understand it looked a little like the above.
And here’s the response on Twitter.
shopofideas Wed. NONPLAYER #1. NATE SIMPSON! This book is beautiful! The plot is actually awesome, but seriously look at this…
AlexSanch Hey it was awesome meeting you, absolutely LOVE Nonplayer
ChrisPartin No doubt! NONPLAYER is amazing!
BarryCrain “Nonplayer” asks the question, What if Moebius and Eric Shanower had a baby, and William Stout raised him?
OK Comics are giving away free limited prints with the first issue of Nonplayer, while Larry’s Comics are giving copies away free with every Image TPB or HC bought.
And eBay? eBay has precious little pre-sale activity. One copy sold last week for cover price, $2.99. Another is up right now at $4.25. In comparison, Blue Estate and Green Wake also with first Image issues out on Wednesday have presale copies up at 99 cents with no bids yet.
The print run for Nonplayer was sold out the day after the print run was set, as a result of a rush of orders. A second print is being prepared and after release I’d put money on there being a third print too.
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – ‘And Now We Have A Horse Race’ as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018