Scott Dunbier was the man who created the Absolute format at DC, showcasing comic book work in a very European high quality oversized fashion.
Then at IDW he created the Artist’s Edition, effectively reproducing original art boards bound in a volume, with the Dave Stevens’ Rocketeer: Artist’s Edition.
Well now there is a second Artist Edition. In an unprecedented deal with Marvel Comics, IDW will publish the Walt Simonson’s The Mighty Thor: Artist’s Edition, recreating original art boards for the Marvel series. Reproducing pencils under the ink, blue lines, yellow pages, whiteout, essentially what Walt submitted to his editors, at 12″ x 17″ size, 176 pages containing issues 337-340 and360-362 for $100, published in July.
And what’s more, there are more Marvel art projects to come, with different artists and different projects.
Damn. So… who and what do you want to see next?
- White Noise In London – Paradiso and Void Trip Exhibition at Orbital Comics, With a Walkthrough From Ram V on Saturday - January 18, 2018
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018