Scott Dunbier was the man who created the Absolute format at DC, showcasing comic book work in a very European high quality oversized fashion.
Then at IDW he created the Artist’s Edition, effectively reproducing original art boards bound in a volume, with the Dave Stevens’ Rocketeer: Artist’s Edition.
Well now there is a second Artist Edition. In an unprecedented deal with Marvel Comics, IDW will publish the Walt Simonson’s The Mighty Thor: Artist’s Edition, recreating original art boards for the Marvel series. Reproducing pencils under the ink, blue lines, yellow pages, whiteout, essentially what Walt submitted to his editors, at 12″ x 17″ size, 176 pages containing issues 337-340 and360-362 for $100, published in July.
And what’s more, there are more Marvel art projects to come, with different artists and different projects.
Damn. So… who and what do you want to see next?
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017