Scott Dunbier was the man who created the Absolute format at DC, showcasing comic book work in a very European high quality oversized fashion.
Then at IDW he created the Artist’s Edition, effectively reproducing original art boards bound in a volume, with the Dave Stevens’ Rocketeer: Artist’s Edition.
Well now there is a second Artist Edition. In an unprecedented deal with Marvel Comics, IDW will publish the Walt Simonson’s The Mighty Thor: Artist’s Edition, recreating original art boards for the Marvel series. Reproducing pencils under the ink, blue lines, yellow pages, whiteout, essentially what Walt submitted to his editors, at 12″ x 17″ size, 176 pages containing issues 337-340 and360-362 for $100, published in July.
And what’s more, there are more Marvel art projects to come, with different artists and different projects.
Damn. So… who and what do you want to see next?
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017