Diamond Book Distributors is the bookstore sales wing of Diamond Comics Distributors, and partner with a number of comics publishers to push their collected works into the bookstores. Apart from DC who left a while ago. And Marvel who left more recently. And Cartoon Books who left more recently still. And now Avatar.
But instead of going it alone, Avatar are partnering with fellow publisher Boom and using their distributors Simon & Schuster in the US and Harper Collins Canada.
Boom’s CEO Ross Richie is quoted in a press release saying “The Avatar library is an excellent compliment to the existing BOOM! list that doesn’t cannibalize our Studios and KABOOM! offerings, but rounds out what we are already doing. Avatar’s CEO William Christensen is a brilliant businessman and has a proven track record of great Direct Market success. Avatar has great growth potential in the mass market book trade, and we look forward to being an excellent partner in their continued expansion!”
While William Christensen is quoted as saying “Distributing via BOOM!, Simon and Schuster, and HarperCollins enables Avatar to bring its world-renowned, best-selling catalog of the biggest creators in the business to a wider audience. Top talent like Alan Moore, Warren Ellis, and Garth Ennis continue to show sales growth and fan interest.”
The new distribution arrangement began yesterday, and the new distribution network will take on all returns of product from the bookstore market for Avatar titles.
- DC Comics Confirms Bats Out Of Hell Crossover With November Solicits Sneak-Peek - August 18, 2017
- Exclusive! The Long Beach Comic Con 2017 Panels And Programming Schedule - August 18, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Retailer Variant For Marvel Legacy #1 – The Pencil Sketch - August 18, 2017
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau Grabs Them By The Variant Cover? - August 18, 2017
- Sam Humphries Leaves Green Lanterns For Something New As Tim Seeley Takes Over - August 18, 2017