This is probably one of the greatest comic book promotions of all time. Seriously, it will be written about in textbooks. And it has led to IDW’s biggest print run for any comic book to date, including the Transformers and True Blood titles.
For which a retailer, if they ordered 500 copies, could have their own comic book shop destroyed on the cover. 500 is a huge amount to order of a title for a store and for most shops this would be the biggest order for any comic. No wonder most shops turned this promotion down.
But 75 picked it up. Which means an addition to the normal print run you can add another 37,500 copies.
And all these retailers have a very interesting comic to use for promotional purposes.
And on top of the 75 retailer covers, there are the standard, variant, retailer variant, wraparound and Wondercon exclusive cover too. All in all that makes 80 covers. And some people will want to collect them all, won’t they?
- Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara Under Spotlight Over Justice League Reception - November 18, 2017
- Gamifying Comics: The Making Of Cartooner - November 18, 2017
- Does This List Set Out Which Justice League Scenes Were Whedon And Which Were Snyder? [SPOILERS] - November 18, 2017
- 25 Years Ago Today, Superman Died At The Hands Of Doomsday – Three Days Later Will He Rise Again In Doomsday Clock? - November 18, 2017
- Geoff Johns Is Leaving The Country For The Release Of Doomsday Clock - November 18, 2017