This is probably one of the greatest comic book promotions of all time. Seriously, it will be written about in textbooks. And it has led to IDW’s biggest print run for any comic book to date, including the Transformers and True Blood titles.
For which a retailer, if they ordered 500 copies, could have their own comic book shop destroyed on the cover. 500 is a huge amount to order of a title for a store and for most shops this would be the biggest order for any comic. No wonder most shops turned this promotion down.
But 75 picked it up. Which means an addition to the normal print run you can add another 37,500 copies.
And all these retailers have a very interesting comic to use for promotional purposes.
And on top of the 75 retailer covers, there are the standard, variant, retailer variant, wraparound and Wondercon exclusive cover too. All in all that makes 80 covers. And some people will want to collect them all, won’t they?
- Brits Are Getting Gruesome Context For Guy Fawkes Night From BBC’s Gunpowder - October 22, 2017
- Will Monday Bring Confirmation That MCM And Reed Expo Are Getting Together? - October 22, 2017
- Mark Gatiss And Michael Sheen Finally Make Hammer’s The Unquenchable Thirst Of Dracula - October 22, 2017
- The Unpublished? DC Comics Cancels ‘The Unwritten’ Book 2 - October 22, 2017
- A Familiar Character Is Set To Discover That Peter Parker Is Spider-Man – Again (SPOILER) - October 22, 2017