Darren Aronofskyis the director of Pi, The Wrestler, Black Swan and the upcoming The Wolverine. But we know he’s a comic book guy at heart, and his The Fountain graphic novel with Kent Williams came about when the movie was put on hold.
Plus ça change…
Last month, Bleeding Cool reported that Aronofskywas creating a new comic book, with an eye to making that into a film as well and we speculated as to what it might be. Turns out we were bang on.
Bleeding Cool can now tell you that the comic is called Noah, it is drawn by Canadian Nico Henrichon, the stunning artist on Pride Of Baghdad, and will be released next year.
In that article, we had him describing this project as;
Noah was the first person to plant vineyards and drink wine and get drunk. It’s there in the Bible – it was one of the first things he did when he reached land. There was some real survivor’s guilt going on there. He’s a dark, complicated character.
It’s a great script and it’s huge. And we’re starting to feel out talent. And then we’ll probably try and set it up… It’s the end of the world and it’s the second most famous ship after the Titanic. So I’m not sure why any studio won’t want to make it…
I think it’s really timely because it’s about environmental apocalypse which is the biggest theme, for me, right now for what’s going on on this planet. So I think it’s got these big, big themes that connect with us. Noah was the first environmentalist. He’s a really interesting character. Hopefully they’ll let me make it.
Here is a promotional video from Belgian publisher Lombard.
- 30 DC Comics Covers For December From Frank Cho, Jenny Frison, JG Jones, Jim Lee And More - November 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Cover For Kamandi Challenge #12 - November 22, 2017
- Changes To Batman #38: Tom King And Travis Moore To Tell The Origin Of Bruce Wayne - November 22, 2017
- New Darkness, Cyber Force, Aphrodite V To Join New Witchblade In 2018 - November 22, 2017
- Black Friday Comic Store Deals For 2017: Part One - November 22, 2017