Earlier this month, Bleeding Cool reported that ex-Dupuis editor Jean Van Hamme would be at Angoulême this year, the first time for twenty years since he was at Dupuis. The word was that he’s lobbying for the Angoulême lifetime accomplishment award for one of his creators…
But instead of helping a protege get an award, it looks lke Van Hamme himself is up for one. And not just from Angoulême.
Tomorrow, Culture Minister Frédéric Mitterrand will be presenting Jean Van Hamme with an official french decoration, Commander of Arts And Letters, the highest award in its field.
As for the Angoulême’s Grand Prize, hot favourite according to ActuaBD is Jean-Christophe Menu, founder of L’Association.
Which, given the very public strike by L’Association employees, may prove controversial, if true… and there may be a lack of people willing to present the award…
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017
- Yes, Frank Castle Is 100% Putting On The War Machine Armour For Marvel Legacy - July 22, 2017
- Marvel’s New East Asian Superhero Titles, Sword Master And Aero, Will Be Published In East Asian Countries First - July 22, 2017
- Designing Lockjaw For ‘Inhumans: Once And Future Kings’ Back-Up Strips - July 22, 2017
- First Look At The New Runaways Comic By Rainbow Rowell And Kris Anka - July 22, 2017