Earlier this month, Bleeding Cool reported that ex-Dupuis editor Jean Van Hamme would be at Angoulême this year, the first time for twenty years since he was at Dupuis. The word was that he’s lobbying for the Angoulême lifetime accomplishment award for one of his creators…
But instead of helping a protege get an award, it looks lke Van Hamme himself is up for one. And not just from Angoulême.
Tomorrow, Culture Minister Frédéric Mitterrand will be presenting Jean Van Hamme with an official french decoration, Commander of Arts And Letters, the highest award in its field.
As for the Angoulême’s Grand Prize, hot favourite according to ActuaBD is Jean-Christophe Menu, founder of L’Association.
Which, given the very public strike by L’Association employees, may prove controversial, if true… and there may be a lack of people willing to present the award…
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017
- Final Part Of Watchmen Crossover “The Button” In Flash #23, Is Running Late… - April 27, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish New Black And White Spawn Cover Variants As Well! - April 27, 2017
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017