Earlier this month, Bleeding Cool reported that ex-Dupuis editor Jean Van Hamme would be at Angoulême this year, the first time for twenty years since he was at Dupuis. The word was that he’s lobbying for the Angoulême lifetime accomplishment award for one of his creators…
But instead of helping a protege get an award, it looks lke Van Hamme himself is up for one. And not just from Angoulême.
Tomorrow, Culture Minister Frédéric Mitterrand will be presenting Jean Van Hamme with an official french decoration, Commander of Arts And Letters, the highest award in its field.
As for the Angoulême’s Grand Prize, hot favourite according to ActuaBD is Jean-Christophe Menu, founder of L’Association.
Which, given the very public strike by L’Association employees, may prove controversial, if true… and there may be a lack of people willing to present the award…
- Eddie Brock Gets Back In The Venom Suit In April… Ahead Of His Big Anniversary - January 23, 2017
- Tony S Daniel, On Leaving The Justice League For Now - January 23, 2017
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017