Earlier this month, Bleeding Cool reported that ex-Dupuis editor Jean Van Hamme would be at Angoulême this year, the first time for twenty years since he was at Dupuis. The word was that he’s lobbying for the Angoulême lifetime accomplishment award for one of his creators…
But instead of helping a protege get an award, it looks lke Van Hamme himself is up for one. And not just from Angoulême.
Tomorrow, Culture Minister Frédéric Mitterrand will be presenting Jean Van Hamme with an official french decoration, Commander of Arts And Letters, the highest award in its field.
As for the Angoulême’s Grand Prize, hot favourite according to ActuaBD is Jean-Christophe Menu, founder of L’Association.
Which, given the very public strike by L’Association employees, may prove controversial, if true… and there may be a lack of people willing to present the award…
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- Vaughn Stein Developing Smoketown from Scout Comics as a Movie - January 18, 2018
- 6 DC Comics Covers for February 2018 from Lee Bermejo, Bilquis Evely, Guillem March, Alvaro Martinez, Shane Davis, and Doug Mahnke - January 18, 2018
- Promethea Joins the Justice League of America - January 18, 2018
- Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl Finally Bring Isola to Image Comics for April 2018 - January 18, 2018