Here’s the headlines, based on DC Comics solicitation information for new monthly comics for March (minus the reprint, licensed, creator-owned and Vertigo titles). Despite the drop of $2.99 titles to 20 pages, the price per page for collecting the DC Universe has risen slightly. It is possible that Marvel may be providing a better price per page this month, we’ll see shortly.
In other news, Xombi #1 finally gets solicited and I for one can’t wait.
The Batbooks gets a bit of a gutting in March with Batman: Streets Of Gotham #21, Azrael #18 and Batman Confidential #54 being those series’ last issues. Jimmy Olsen #1 collects the Jimmy Olsen back up strips from Action Comics with 30 pages that they never got round to printing when the back-up policy changed. And Nick Spencer is still listed as the writer on Supergirl #63… even though he’s only just about co-writing #1. Giant Sized Atom #1 does similar, finishing off Jeff Lemire’s unfinished Atom stories from Adventure Comics. And Vertigo maintains the trademark to the Finals mini-series by collecting four issues in one. Also Absolute Promethea Book 3 listed as part of Vertigo’s collection of solicitations. An error or where ABC title will now be?
December: 56 books – 33 titles at $2.99 (22 pages of story), 12 titles at $3.99 (30 pages of story) 8 titles at $3.99 (22 pages of story) 2 titles at $3.99 (44 pages of story), 1 title at $5.99 (80 pages of story)
Complete cost: $192.44 for 1430 pages of story (13.5 cents a page)
January: 56 books – 52 titles at 2.99 (20 pages of story), 4 titles at 3.99 (30 pages of story)
Complete cost: $171.44 for 1160 pages of story content. (14.8 cents a page)
February: 62 books – 58 titles at 2.99 (20 pages of story), 3 titles at 3.99 (30 pages of story), 1 title at $5.99 (70 pages of story)
Complete cost: $191.38 for 1320 pages of story content. (14.5 cents a page)
March: 56 books – 51 titles at $2.99 (20 pages of story), 3 titles at $3.99 (30 pages of story), 2 titles at $4.99 (40 pages of story)
Complete cost: $174.44 for 1190 pages of story content. (14.65 cents a page)
- Duncan Fegredo And Laurence Campbell Launch BPRD: The Devil You Know, At Orbital Comics In London Tomorrow - July 25, 2017
- Nine Worlds Geekfest Of London Launches Over 200 Events In Three Days Of August - July 25, 2017
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017