Off back to MCM Expo again today. Spent an inordinate time talking to Chris Claremont yesterday. I do like Chris Claremont. Much more today.
SkullWatch: From B Clay Moore and Tony Harris’ upcoming The Whistling Skull for… well… what was Wildstorm.
StanWatch: As well as appearing at the Long Beach Comic Con in California this weekend, Stan is also appearing at Detroit Fanfare in Michigan today. Impressive!
PromotionWatch: Nairi Gardiner is to replace the retiring High Five member Patrick Caldon, but but in Burbank, expanding her duties from Senior Vice President of Finance & Operations for Warner Bros. Consumer Products to Senior Vice President, Finance, WBCP and DC Entertainment.
Another common belief is that Marvel Comics were wordier than DC Comics. Certainly Stan Lee seemed to have been vaccinated with a fountain pen. So I picked an issue of Spiderman at random (ASM #56 as it happens) and actually counted the words. There were 3,288 words on 20 pages, or an average of 164 words per page. Then I picked the nearest Batman issue chronologically to ASM #56.
Right there, on the spot, inside Sacramento’s A-1 Comics shop, the owner offered to pay him $27,000 for his copy of “Detective #27.” For some reason, Irwin hesitated. Could it be worth more?
Working on a pinup for John Layman’s “Chew”, Mike Furth inks over Aris Iliopoulos’ pencils in a timelapse video from start to finish. Tools used were a Winsor & Newton Series 7 #3 brush, a Deleter Maru dip pen and a series of Micron marker pens as well as Pelikan drawing ink and templates.
- Marvel Comics Send Spider-Geddon #1 Back to Print - October 16, 2018
- Archie Launches Blossoms 666 Horror Comic Starring Jason and Cheryl in January 2019 Solicitations - October 16, 2018
- Image Comics Launches Vindication in January From MD Marie, Carlos Miko and Dema Jr. - October 16, 2018
- The Weatherman #6 Gets a Cliff Chiang Cover in Time For Final Order Cut-Off - October 16, 2018
- Where In the World Has Poison Ivy Gone, DC Comics? - October 16, 2018